1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

need a free copy of NERO

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by langthang, Feb 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Phantom69

Phantom69 Regular member

you werent talkin about me were ya ddp...

2. billybob

billybob Regular member

This is such a good thread. As there is no apparent persistancy in the subject, i'm gonna ask you something.

Where could i get a free trial for MS Publisher? I don't want to order the cds to the house i jsut want a free trial download.

Can you help? Cheers.

3. brobear

brobear Guest

Now you're walking dangerous turf again. We've been playing off the wall, but this is a Nero thread after all. Check http://www.download.com to see if they have anything you can use. It's legit and hosted by CNet.

4. permiggs

permiggs Regular member

Ok let's start again then. Who wants to throw the first punch on Billy? No one? Ok Billy, since no one can be asked to say something, punch yourself for that question. If you need help, just say, we're always avalable... lol

5. nrmsmith

nrmsmith Member

deleted

Last edited: Feb 4, 2006
  6. billybob

billybob Regular member

Out of all your help, id say nrmsmiths was the ebst. lol only joking
    nrmsmith. Thanks, and sorry for the off subject question. Back to the, erm, newbie slaughter.

7. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

phantom, it is not you. lethal knows who i'm talking about as he & i talked about this wannabe mod who is senior member.

8. brobear

brobear Guest

billybob
    Actually, part of my post was serious. Anyone looking for trials and freeware should check out CNet's "Download" site. They host many of the trials and have links to the software homepages as well. They may not have all you want, but they host a lot of handy "stuff".

9. MaxBurn

MaxBurn Regular member

Whenever i get bored with my software and want to try something different, i go to download.com and look around. They spell it out as to if the program is free, shareware, or paid for. There are some excellent free programs out there.
    I think what ddp is trying to say, is that anyone can be an idiot, and member status has nothing to do with it. Usually by the time you reach senior or addict status, you have posted enough that if you were doing stuff against the rules, by then you would have been caught. Not always, but most of the time its the newbies who violate the rules the greatest percentage of the time. Stupidity has no age limit. I should know, ive done some stupid things before, and will again in the future.

10. permiggs

permiggs Regular member

Download.com is a must have in your favorites list... Would you believe, i have found some of the best online games ever in there? I found some crazy stuff there as well...

11. billybob

billybob Regular member

I always use download.com. If i want a free trial or software or anything, i try there. Its amazig isn't it that people create software and sish it out for free when its really goos. The other day i downlaoded a label make software. When you buy labels it normally has the measurements on it, but most programs like mS word only have big brand name labels, but on this software you can edit the meaasurements etc youself. Its brilliant.

Appreciate the help dude, but that was one of the first places i looked, but they just link to the MS site and the only way you can get free trial of Publisher is if you order the discs to be delivered, and i think theres a delivery charge, kinda defeats the object, huh?

Last edited: Feb 4, 2006
  12. brobear

brobear Guest

The folks at MS realize they have a desirable product and aren't into "free lunches". You're already on the fast track for finding the freebies at download.com, besides, we here spend most of our time on the forums posting. So, what could we know? LOL I found a handy screen capture app for posting to imageshack. That was my best recent find at Download, not a freebie though. Seems those people developing those apps want to be paid for the work. It's not often we run into the likes of LUK and Dr Shrink. Tying that to the thread; did you know Dr Shrink is supposed to be working at [bold]NERO[/bold]. ;)

13. billybob

billybob Regular member

No i didn't. But, erm, is this blaitently obvious and a crap method or could you not jsut use print screen (above insert on keyboard) instead of going to the trouble of getting a screen capture app?

14. brobear

brobear Guest

[​IMG]

Just try that with [bold] print screen (above insert on keyboard)[/bold]. Besides, to get a capture and do a screenshot, it has to be stored on the web as well. There's other apps, but the last one I found works better.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 5, 2006
  15. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

geeeeeee Brobear...... what's wrong with getting free software where you can find it????? LOL

16. brobear

brobear Guest

Nothing. LOL Only problem is it doesn't always work the way we wanted. The nice thing about buying retail, we have someone to curse when things go wrong. Did I say contact support? LOL I use a bunch of freeware, but I can only blame myself when things go wrong. Those freeware authors have a way of saying, "Use at your own risk" while the retail guys say the software will even walk the dog, take out the trash, and do the dishes.

17. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

boy brobear....... sounds like you need a wife! LOL just kiddin ya!

18. brobear

brobear Guest

LOL Got one of those. Just wish the software would do the job. LOL

19. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

@Brobear...... do you sleep??? You're on day and night!!!! gezzzzzzz when they named you AD Addict they mean it!

20. brobear

brobear Guest

That's insomnia for you... and too much free time. LOL Some people watch TV and some surf the net. I just drop in here time to time. I'm usually gone in the warmer months if you notice a pattern. Pretty weather finds me out on my cycle.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.