1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need a hand w/ DVD structure - several VOBs to 1 DVD

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by mmustoe, Jan 1, 2005.

1. mmustoe

mmustoe Member

Hello all, my 1st post, so please be gentle! A friend used SmartRipper to copy 5 DVDs to his HDD. He then dumped all the files (vobs, ifos & bups) to DVD-r as 2 DATA DVDs. I've now unloaded them to my HD from DVD-r. The are smaller, and size-wise, would fit on 2 DVD-r discs. I would like to combine the VOBs from the 1st 3 into 1 new DVD-r, but in the proper structure, so that the 3 movies could be selected from a menu. Problem is they have dupicate names, ie, each of the original dirs has a 'vts_01_1.vob' etc, so I'm not sure how to proceed. (p.s. I dont want to reencode to MPG if possible)

Not sure how to do it, but I suspect I need to rename the VOBs beyond the 1st disc, and create a new IFO that points to the new names..

<Guide pointer OK if it addresses my situation>

Any help would be Greatly Appreciated!
    Thanks In Advance for your consideration!

2. DaOsT

DaOsT Regular member

your best bet is a piece of software called dvdshrink it will reauthorise your dvd-s and crunch them so they will fit onto a dvd-5 disc

then burn them with nero6

3. dimad

dimad Regular member

Welcome to the forum.

Merging disks keeping menus may be somewhat involved - depends on how you want to merge them. Here is the easiest way: http://www.dimadsoft.com/dvdremakepro/ht_merge_full.php

Program simply puts two DVDs on one disk and adds a start up menu to select which one you want to play.