1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

need a little help with converting an .MP4 file to .AVI

Discussion in 'Other video questions' started by Igorek, Jan 14, 2007.

1. Igorek

Igorek Member

I have a few files that are encoded in the .mp4 format and in order for me to be able to burn them on a DVD disc I need them in the .AVI format as you know. I'm looking for suggestions on the best software tool that does that without any loss of quality or recompression of video, loss of dimensions, etc...in simple terms, i'd like the original .mp4 files simply converted into .avi format without any change - is there a soft that lets me do something like that?

while we're on the same topic, I also want to know what software lets me convert a .MOV file to .AVI ?

big respect.

Iggz

2. collarme

collarme Regular member

To be able to burn them onto a dvd they need to be in mpeg2. Here's a freeware program which will convert them to avi or mpeg2: http://www.videohelp.com/tools?tool=SUPER_1

3. Cathll

Cathll Regular member

4. celtic_d

celtic_d Regular member

To do it without any loss of quality or recompression of video, loss of dimensions, etc. use mp4box/yamb to demux, then AVI-Mux GUI to remux.

You can burn any file to a DVD though. If you meant DVD video, then as already said, you need to convert to MPEG-2. If you meant for an MPEG-4/avi compatible SAP, then remuxing would only work if the mp4 contained mp3 and m4v streams.