1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need a Metadata Removal Tool for jpeg Pictures...Free

Discussion in 'Digital photography' started by Lp531, Mar 18, 2015.

1. Lp531

Lp531 Regular member

I need a recommendation for a free metadata removal tool...I need one that absolutely removes everything including imbedded thumbnails...

2. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

Right click 1 or right clik many & select details tab (option is at bottom) is that what you want ?not sure if it removes size & type so try one just in case it does

these embedded thumbnail jpgs you mention is this for music files ? mp3tag is what i use

i also use freestone image viewer there are .exe or portable.It can do the metadata thingy under tools not sure about batch remove

sourceforge
    filehippo

i get a few sub emails from all over the place there was mention of photo's holding personal info,although this isn't the one it's a start,has a freebie metadata editor as well
    http://www.pcworld.com/article/159774/PhotoMe.html

3. Lp531

Lp531 Regular member

The thumbnails are in some jpeg pictures...They can store a thumbnail of the original image...& I beleive...the original metadata...

An easy way I found was by changing the file type several times...fubars all the metadata...