1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need a New Digital Camera - SMALL BUDGET

Discussion in 'Digital photography' started by Tlouey, Sep 2, 2010.

1. Tlouey

Tlouey Member

Hi! I currently have a Canon PowerShot SD630 Digital ELPH that I got as a bday gift about 4 years ago. I have a preschooler and a toddler whom I take a lot of photos of... almost daily! I am an artist and like to take photos of landscapes, animals, close-ups of flowers and bugs and things to use as references for my paintings. I like to photograph all sorts of things... but again, I'm most often photographing my kids. I need something that can handle really active subjects, can do macros, is easy to use, takes really decent photos, and is super cheap.

I really liked my Canon PowerShot but in recent months it seems to have deteriorated.. the photo quality is really not so great anymore... and NOW, every time I try to turn it on it says "Lens error, restart camera" and the lens refuses to close!

I have pretty much NO budget for a camera, but it really is like an appendage... I love taking photos... I do it daily.. any suggestions on a CHEAP camera that can handle that much use?

I'm looking at this OLYMPUS but I don't know much about Olympus cameras.

2. attar

attar Senior member

Have you tried the 'smacking the rear of the camera hard against the hip' technique (with the power on of course).
    It seems the plastic gears often jam up at times.

3. ps355528

ps355528 Active member