1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need a new pc (budget)

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by Burnzilla, Jan 11, 2005.

1. Burnzilla

Burnzilla Regular member

Hey everyone, i need to replace my 7 year old pc. The best deal i've found so far is either bestbuy or circuitcity. I get a tower (sempron or celeron repectively), a 17" flat crt and a printer after rebates is less that $400. I waited for the Mac Mini to come out but new the specs would suck. Any suggestions would be great. Thanks a million everyone:)

2. djscoop

djscoop Active member

whatever you do DON'T get a mac!!! For $400, it will definately be a budgjet PC, but don't expect it to perform very well, or last very long. You'd be much better off saving your money, and building your own decent PC for around $800.

3. Xenokai

Xenokai Regular member

4. vans12

vans12 Regular member

5. Burnzilla

Burnzilla Regular member

Thanks everyone. How long would the pc last from circuit city? I need a new machine to Download stuff so it will be on for long periods of time that's why i'd rather not get a really good pc for more. Thanks again:) BTW i will be buying a mac near the end of the year for work (freelance art) and a good pc around the same time (AMD64) Thanks:)

6. Burnzilla

Burnzilla Regular member

Don't worry about the mac. The Mac Mini is a rip off. I found hp and emachines at circuitcity.com for about $400- $500 with a monitor and printer. They range from an athlon xp- amd64, dvd burner, 512 ram and 160 gig hard drive. The price is after a bunch of mail in rebates. The bundles come on and off ever few weeks which is a bit annoying but it looks like one of these is my choice. Thanks everyone:)