1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need a replacement

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Anje18, Apr 30, 2007.

1. Anje18

Anje18 Member

I've been copying my movies with DVD-Cloner IV for a little while. Well I went to go and update it, and everything got messed up and they want me to pay for it again. So, I'm looking for a free replacement that hopefully works better then the DVD-Cloner (I had a lot of problems with it). I've found a couple, but when I looked at the guides for them, they seem to take forever. So if you can let me know of a great, free, and fast burning program, please let me know. Thanks!

2. Alopex

Alopex Member

IMGBurn is a free, easy to use, regurlary updated and all round decent peice of software that is great for burning both single and dual layers discs.

3. Anje18

Anje18 Member

Do you know if it overrides the copyright blocks, or would I have to get a separate program for that. I'm using it to back up my movie collection, and a majority of them have blocks on them.

4. herbsman

herbsman Moderator Staff Member

You would need something like latest AnyDVD also to get around latest protection imho.

5. Anje18

Anje18 Member

Are there any free programs to get around the blocks?

6. herbsman

Not that I know of .. unfortunately :(

7. Anje18

Anje18 Member

Well, if anyone else knows, please let me know

8. herbsman

no one updates as often as Slysoft AnyDVD , so they're always ahead of the game (or at least up with it- lol).

Here at aD we often have a discount via aD coupon for SlySoft software , not sure if there's a deal on at the moment.

Anyway , wishin' you all the best :c)

Last edited: Apr 30, 2007
  9. Alopex

Alopex Member

I'm with herbsman on this one; AnyDVD = best.

However, there is a free altern which does the job just as well called DvdFabDecypter.
    http://www.dvdfab.com/free.htm

:)

10. stan789

stan789 Member

i know its pretty old but thier is a program like any dvd called dvd43 do a google search its is just like anydvd but is a little out dated with all the new disney and sony movies give it a try though its free by the way :)

Last edited: May 1, 2007
  11. FFsp42

FFsp42 Regular member

IMO, I would give DVDFab Decrypter a go, as mentioned above. It is free and regularly updated to handle newer encryptions. Unfortunately, it only rips the movie to you HDD, so you will have to use another program in conjunction to burn to a DVD. Some available (and also free) are DVD Shrink 3.2 and IMGburn, both of which can be downloaded from this website.

12. Anje18

Anje18 Member

I downloaded the free trial of anydvd. I figured that if I like it, then it would be a good investment. So far it seems to work pretty good.

13. FFsp42

FFsp42 Regular member

AnyDVD is a good program and, if you can afford it, a good investment IMO. I personally use it with DVD Shrink 3.2 for the majority of my backups, with a success rate around 90-95%. However, there are those few of the newer movies that slysoft was slower to respond to (i.e. Saw 3). In these cases, DVDFab was quicker to release an update and was more successful than AnyDVD. If AnyDVD works, then by all means use it. But it wouldn't be a bad decision to keep a backup program handy, such as DVDFab Decrypter. Just FYI.