1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need a slideshow feature for narration & background

Discussion in 'Digital photography' started by popart, Apr 2, 2005.

1. popart

popart Member

I'm looking for slideshow software that will work like Windows Movie Maker but with an extra twist. I want a timeline for placing background music (different cuts at various points) and [bold]a separate[/bold] timeline for attaching voiceover narration to particular slides.

All the other features of WMM are fine: different transitions, duration, for each slide, etc.

2. ballz

ballz Member

i av just discovered proshow gold v2.5 software which seems to be quite good at slideshows try it i an enjoying messing about with it.

3. popart

popart Member

Thanks for the lead, I'll give it a try.

4. dworz

dworz Member

Ballz, qustion is there someplace where you can download (proshow Gold) software and try before you buy iam in need of the same type of program, i have Arcsoft showbiz and seem to be having problems with it running with a couple other programs.....

5. ballz

ballz Member

yes there ia a trial version oat this link http://www.photodex.com/products/proshow
    but if you struggle send me a private msg and we will see wot i can do. does any one know a good programme for photo effects?

6. dworz

dworz Member

Ballz,
    Iam at work right now but i have several programs and when i get home i'll check, Photo edits/ what do you want it to do iam not up on all this stuff....

7. ballz

ballz Member

cheers dworz not realy to smart at this stuff my self but i got some photos done professianaly and they put like a colour border around it tht fades into the pics so i am looking to do that kind of thing.

8. dworz

dworz Member

Ballz,
    Bear with me i wount be home till Saturday Am,and i'll chat with the wife and see what she's got, may have to burn a program and send it through snail mail? But i kinda got the scope of what your looking for.have you ever messed around with paint shop pro 7 or 8? and i know she's got adobe photo shop also.

9. ballz

ballz Member

hi dworz just got home from work any help would be great thanx