Need advice on new dvd player

Discussion in 'DVD players' started by navinsara, Apr 14, 2008.

1. navinsara

navinsara Member

ok guys ive been trying to burn my own backups but when i turn an avi file to a dvd it will play in my magnavox wmd 7006 but if i burn a dvd iso or ts video properly it will play in my portable dvd player but not my magnavox dvd player. any ideas? if not can anyone tell me of a dvd back up friendly dvd player? im only concerned that it play my back ups support dolby digital 5.1 and it be a regular dvd player not high def. PLEASE HELP!!! btw im new to burning dvds, i dont think its the media im using imation dvd-r 16x and like i said success with avi to dvd but not with dvd image files or video ts to dvd.

2. ZoSoIV

ZoSoIV Active member

3. navinsara

navinsara Member

yea im never b uying imation again. i bought a pack of 25 dvd-r and a 50 pack of cd-r and even the cd-r wont play in m y girlfriends car but other media will, thats sad lol. anyways i dont have HD so any compatibilityu issues? plus im shooting for something i can pick up at best buy or walmart or something lol. but thats price is good if it will play on standard tvs. hmm...damn how much are bluray burners? lmao

4. ZoSoIV

ZoSoIV Active member

yeah instore go with Verbatim

its less expensive to buy two copies of a blu-ray movie than trying to bavk it up. burners are around 400.00 to 600.00 dollars

5. navinsara

navinsara Member

yea well guess what my dvdrw drive just died it wasnt even a month old and i cant return it cuz i got it from compusa all sales final lol bummer. so i got verbetim discs and bought a samsung dvdrw drive instead. no problems so far everything working great. the drive btw is an liteon LH-20A1L do not buy this crap drive. anyways thanks for the help oh yea i figured out the problem of why the dvds wouldnt play. they were in pal not ntsc. i guess my portable dvd player can play both lmao. well reconverted them and no problem.

6. ZoSoIV

ZoSoIV Active member

great

Pioneer are making the best optical drives so stick with them or Samsung