1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need advice on software choice

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by paulocon, Nov 22, 2010.

1. paulocon

paulocon Member

Hi there, I'm looking for someone to maybe point me in the right direction with regards choosing the right software for a project I want to do. I have a series of music DVDs that basically I want to take my favourite songs from and create a new DVD.
    The structure as it stands is that a menu system is used to select each song from the DVD so each song is a seperate file (VOB file i think??) of it's own so I'm hoping that will make it easier to take them and create a new menu system to select songs on my new DVD.
    I have Adobe Director that I've used before to build a menu etc but I've only ever exported to flash files with that and I want this in DVD format. I was kinds hoping for a one size fits all software but from what I've read here it sounds like I may need a few different programs, I don't mind spending some money on it as I could see myself repeating this type of job on other DVDs I have in the future.
    So to recap, what software would be best suited to rip only the song files I want? Is there one that will allow me to easily identify the song files? What software should I use to create a menu structure etc?

2. ps355528

ps355528 Active member

You will need a few different things..

1 . a good modern dvd ripping program .. try dvd-fab
    2 . a way to edit just the songs you want .. I would rip the dvd to mpeg2 (same as dvd only ordinary file..) handbrake
    3 . a basic editor/splicer .. avidemux
    4 . a dvd authoring program .. dvd flick
    5 . something to test the resulting .iso works as intended .. vlc
    6 . a burning program imgburn

There.. all freeware .. accept no alternatives XD

Last edited: Nov 22, 2010
  3. paulocon

paulocon Member

Hi ps, thanks for the quick reply. Wow I needed more than I realised so! Loving the freeware aspect of it all though :) Already have 5 and 6 so I'm getting there ha.
    All easy enough to follow only bit I'm not clear about is I only seem to have the option of ripping to mpeg4 with Handbrake will this do?

Last edited: Nov 22, 2010