1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need an Xbox Recovery Disk

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by willger, Aug 5, 2009.

1. willger

willger Member

I accidentally deleted my MS Dash and need an Xbox recovery Disk. I have no clue where to find one and have looked for hours. Is it the same as the Auto Installer Deluxe Disk?

I'm trying to hot swap my HDD with my PC but the Auto Installer disk doesn't seem to be working.

Any help would be GREATLY APPRECIATED!!

2. varnull

varnull Guest

You won't find one.. because there is no such thing. Best thing to do is load your exploit game from cold boot and start over.

3. willger

willger Member

I saw a video on You tube where a kid had it and was able to use it as a boot disk to reformat his xbox drive. I cannot boot my system again because I have an error 16 and don't know anyone with an xbox at all.

I just bought an xbox off craigslist today but the motherboard is bad on it. (luck him) now I have that hard drive but that gives me the error of having a different motherboard.

any tips?

Thanks!

4. varnull

varnull Guest

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 5, 2009
  5. willger

willger Member

Well I looked up the topic again, as I have been doing for the past two days, and still nothing. My XBOX will not boot up at all past the error screen, and I have no other xbox to work with. Halo 2 did nothing, just gave me the same error screen.

I tried all the hot swapping techniques but nothing happens on the PC end, I think Because I need the Xbox Recovery Disk I keep reading about.

Nothing I've read about so far explains what to do when you can't boot past the Error screen under any circumstance, or use another xbox.

Thanks for the help so far.

6. dennisv9

dennisv9 Regular member

listen to varnull, he knows his xbox.....

there is no such thing as a recovery disc, if you believe everything you see on youtube (apparantly you do)... well..... read the different posts... the truth is really, really, here....

7. willger

willger Member

First off I do believe everything I see on You Tube, and TV. I also believe everything everyone tells me in the after dawn blogs. I'm really just looking for help to boot my xbox past the 16 error, I'm not accusing anyone of being an idiot or anything. I don't buy into the whole "I'm better than you at everything" mentality that comes with blogging. I'm just asking for help because I have searched relentlessly for ways to boot past the 16 error.

No games will boot period, so Halo 2 or any other disk will not work. Hot swapping seems like the only logical answer seeing how I managed to somehow corrupt or delete all my dashboards. (yeah you can call me an idiot for that).

I know on the You Tube video the kid has a disk that boots into some sort of recovery software. If its fake then the kid took a lot of time to make a video and software for a joke. The disk may not be called "xbox recovery disk," but I'm looking for some sort of PC disk that will help reformat my XBOX HDD.

If anyone has an answer that would be great. or I guess if it makes you feel better to take the time to leave a message telling me to look it up, or that I'm an idiot.... or how cool you are.

All BS aside thanks for the feedback.

8. dennisv9

dennisv9 Regular member

no cold boot of a game possible to restore your ms dashboard (halo 2)

then you either need to do the hotswap trick and restore your harddrive via connecting it to your computer.
    'http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/583612 ==>first hit with the link varnull gave you

or if you have saved and backed up the eeprom.bin, the use the hdm tutorial to restore / repair / put back the softmod files.

or put in a modchip and boot of the modchip to repair your ms dashboard / get your eeprom.bin file

or build the eeprom reader and read the eeprom.bin straight of the motherboard.

i am not saying that you are an idiot, i (and many others) am just saying use the search button. do you think you are the first one with that problem? it has been discussed over, and over on the afterdawn forum. mainly because people don't take the time to read around (even after links are provided).

Last edited: Aug 7, 2009
  9. Wablo

Wablo Member

I really don't know how much help this will be but i thought i would post it anyway.

I had pretty much the same problem and it was suggested that i get a modchip and reboot the system using Slayers EvoX. This worked out as a cheaper option than buying a new box.

I have to say that not only did it fix the problem, but has introduced me to the amazing XBMC scene, which i simply cpuld not live without now.

So, in essence, maybe a modchip and Slayers EvoX could be a solution, maybe not, but like i said i thought i would suggest it anyway.

Hope you get it fixed soon. :)