1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need Driver for Samsung ML-1750

Discussion in 'Windows - Software discussion' started by FizzyA, Apr 23, 2007.

1. FizzyA

FizzyA Member

I dont have the install CD for a samsung ml-1750 printer. So I tried to download the driver from samsung.com but they didnt have it. Then I paid $5 to download it from nodevice.com and that one didnt work, and now they wount reply to my messages.

Anyone out there with the power to get my printer to work with the simple installation of a driver. I would greatly appreciate your help. afterdawn.com has never let me down.

2. SpDice

SpDice Guest

Try downloading this driver for your printer first. If you cannot install the driver or experience other problems, try removing printer driver using the standard Windows features first and then, if it won't help you, try cleaning from printer registration in registry. To do that open Device Manager by selecting Start > Control Panel > System > click Hardware tab > Click Device Manager. In the Device Manager's device tree find the printer item with the name of the Samsung printer you are using connected to the appropriate bus. Double click on the printer item and open the Details tab. On this tab find what you have written as the string for the Device Instance ID listed there. Write down the string. Open registry editor (Start > Run > type regedit) and try finding that string you wrote down. Make sure you've made the backup of your registry, system restore point and also make sure to create the backup regsitry file for each registry key you will delete from the registry. In registry editor prior to deleting the key, click with right mouse button on the registry key you are about to delete and select Exprot command from the context menu. Save the key on the disk and only then delete the key. When you will find this key, delete it. Check this path HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Print\Printers and delete the folder with the printer name you want to clean. To find out the exact name open the Printers and Faxes from the Control Panel and write down the name of the printer you want to delete. Check this key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Print\Monitors for existence of printer driver registry registration too. Also check and clean this key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\Print\Environments\Windows NT x86\Drivers from the registration of your printer. You also might want to observe this HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet003\Enum key and clean the keys that correspond to the printer driver. Check this article for details on resolving the problems with faulty drivers. It's written for the Terminal Servers but on the local machine you will have pretty much the same.