1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

need dvd to play on pc

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by dvd2pc, Mar 8, 2005.

1. dvd2pc

dvd2pc Guest

First of all you guys rock and this site is incredible. I'm a newbie, and that's why I'm in this forum. So, on with the question. I want to be able to rip a dvd to my hard drive and watch it using Divx player or ATI player or whatever. I have tried and tried and read guides and more guides. And now I'm wondering if I'm either making this more difficult than it is or am I just not getting it. I have lots of the programs (Shrink, CloneDVD, DVDDecrypter, DVDXCopy, etc...) and I've tried using these for days trying to get something to work. I successfully ripped the movie to my hard drive by grabbing the XCopy temp files (I'm sure there is a better way, but it worked) and I've gone through all the VOB files. It looks like only 3 of the 107 files make up the movie. These VOB files play extremely well, but when VOB #1 stops, I have to manually launch VOB #2 and so on. Obviously I would like to launch 1 file and have the entire movie play. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. Adouble11

Adouble11 Regular member

Instead of double clicking on the file, open your DVD player and find the option where it allows you to open from a "source". I have power DVD and it just says "source". Then you click that and select the Video file on your HD. It will play through then

3. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi

i use powerDVD to play say 4/5vobs one after the other, just load the five to the window from HD

i use this to watch on extended desktop second monitor or output from my video out graphic card to my TV!

thx

4. dvd2pc

dvd2pc Guest

great, I'll give it a try. Thanks for the help!

5. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Last edited: Mar 9, 2005
  6. dvd2pc

dvd2pc Guest

bbmayo, thanks - lots of stuff to work on now! Thanks for the help.

7. Adouble11

Adouble11 Regular member

@ Rotary

How do you get to watch on your TV? I have a Video out on my GPHX Card and when I hook up my TV when i first turn my comp. on it shows on my TV, but as soon as windows comes on its just a black screen (TV). Do I need a certain kind of TV?

8. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Not sure what video card you have but you should be able to go into the settings (right click on screen and hit properties) and pick your TV from there

9. Adouble11

Adouble11 Regular member

I have a ASUS ATI Radeon 9600PRO and it has a TV out. So where am i suppose to go to make this work. Becuaese if I wanna go to my BIOS it'll show on my moniter and my TV, but as soon as i go to windows it doesn't work anymore.

10. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi

need cable off second fitting on graphics card to tv s-video i think cable...

find station on telly after loading the second screen / monitor-TV...

[​IMG]

i cant have second monitor and tv at smae time must swap cables!

11. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

@Adouble11,
    Right click on your desk top
    Click on Properties
    Click on Settings tab (top left)
    Click Advanced button (bottom right)

There should be a tab there that allows you to choose between TV, Monitor, or both :)