1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need feedbacks on the wireless DVD Player - Amoisonic NDP 9200

Discussion in 'DVD players' started by onestop, Sep 13, 2004.

1. onestop

onestop Regular member

Hello,

I read a 6 mths ago review http://www1.shopping.com/xPR-Amoisonic_NDP9200~RD-134163828356 and also heard that Amoisonic is actually the maker of Gateway's wireless DVD Player. In the review, the writer actually downloaded the G5 Media Server software and it works fine but have not try Getway's firmware on the Amoisonic NDP 9200 yet.

I am considering of buying the Amoisonic NDP 9200 but would like to know if I could use the Getway's software support (both G5 media server and firmware).

2. onestop

onestop Regular member

Hello everyone,

I had confirmed with a local Amoisonic Technician in my country that their new players will normally launch by Getway first in USA and follow by themselves upon market demand. He told me that both brands of player are the same but he did not actually verify that Getway's firmware can be use on Amoisonic, so anyone can try at their own risk.

Anyway, I was told that I can bring their player back for firmware upgrade to 11g FOC as they do not want end user to screw up the player, so that is why no online downloads available.

3. onestop

onestop Regular member

Hello everyone,

Just a quick update on using the Gateway's firmware on the Amoisonic NDP 9200. Someone has tried out this method and we have all overlook that different brands of remote will work differently on their own codes. Overall result, is the Gateway's firmware is not 100% compatible unless you are willing to purchase an universal remote control and seek Gateway's technician guide to re-program a new remote control.