1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need Firmware

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by cacdam, Jan 19, 2005.

1. cacdam

cacdam Member

I have a Lite-on 16x xj-hd166 drive. I was looking for a hack firmware, to overclock it so it can rip or encode a dvd quicker. Because it takes over 2 hours to encode a disk. Please help me!!!!

2. larrylje

larrylje Active member

Id try to stay away from hacked firmware. You should wait till Lit-On comes out with it on thier firmware page. At least thats my opinion.

3. deadcat

deadcat Regular member

your drive is 16x read speed already, thats as fast as they go.
    What are your computer specs?? some are slower than others, particulary older computers with less ram

4. greg3000

greg3000 Member

I agree with larylje and deadcat. The fastest any DVD burner at present is 16X. Plus the current media will not support anything over 16X. If you try to "overclock" burning you will make alot of coasters. :)

The ripping and encoding is done by your computer, not your DVD burner. Maybe you should look at your specs of your computer like larrylje suggested. Ultimately that will be the determining factor on how fast your project is ripped and encoded.