1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need hard drive replacement instructions

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by darthbama, Mar 5, 2005.

1. darthbama

darthbama Member

I just bought a good X-Box at a yard sale for $1 that needs a hard drive. I build computers and have several hard drives. I just want the system to run. Can someone give me some basic tips? The simple solution is the best for me.

E-Mail: biblet@juno.com

Thanks in advance!

2. sjchu

sjchu Regular member

You need a modchip installed before you can get a hdd to work in the xbox.

3. darthbama

darthbama Member

This is an older unit with a manufacturing date of 12/2001. Any recommendations on a simple cheap mod chip? Also what size drive would be good? Thanks for your help.

4. sjchu

sjchu Regular member

at http://www.eurasia.nu/, you can get an Aladdin for $14. get the one with v1.0-1.5 support. You will get it with x2 4983.06 preloaded. Don't need to hassel with flashing the right BIOS or anything like that. I bought three from them, all of them worked the first time. I always use 250G hdd, WD or Maxtor both worked. Because I use my xbox as medai center to play videe, Picture show, and MP3, I need a big hard drive. If you only use it to play games, find a cheaper ones, 8G is good enough.