1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

need help about build problem

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by brookstar, Dec 17, 2005.

1. brookstar

brookstar Member

my pc is amd athlon xp +2800 xp home edtion build 2800 sp2 but in safe mode or error messagers its says windows xp build 2600 is this a problem
    in systerm in control menu it says 2800

Last edited: Dec 17, 2005
  2. SypherTek

SypherTek Guest

ive never heard of a build 2800 only 2600 could be something to do with windows updates i suppose. unless its actually causing damage to your machine or in any other way threatening your wellbeing i wouldnt worry about it lol

3. DVDBURNUP

DVDBURNUP Guest

do you mean in system in control panel ? just exactly where ?
    alot of that is just reading text in the registry. Can be hacked to put in what ever you want. I have to agree that i have only ever heard of 2600 ... and you probably want to know what the " free " is next to that ( if yours shows that ) that means it is not the debug version of xp that is sold to pc / software manufacturers.

4. ku4hx

ku4hx Guest

Your CPU is an AMD Athlon XP 2800+ model. That's not related to your Windows XP system build in any way. Are you sure you're not getting the CPU model designation and Windows build number confused?