1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

need help and advise on backing up my original dvd movies.. thks..!!

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by comtech88, Jul 8, 2007.

1. comtech88

comtech88 Member

i used the ripping tools like "ripit4me" and after finnished the whole process, i copy to my dvd disc. i tried to watch the movie on the dvd but all the images are pitch black, just like no backlighting on the movies at all... can anyone help me... pls..??

2. MichaelP1

MichaelP1 Guest

make sure you are using good media like Taiyo Yuden or Verbatim burning NO faster than 8x on a clean machine with updated firmware for your drive/burner.

are you sure you are following the right process, heres a helpful guide

http://webpages.charter.net/bacitup/

3. comtech88

comtech88 Member

i did everything u mentioned. i got hp dvd+r, reduced the speed but the image burn is still the same. this is actually what happening now. you can watch the movie but the background is dark colour. its like you were wearing sunglasses in a dim room....

4. Berryone

Berryone Regular member

5. MichaelP1

MichaelP1 Guest

or try using clonedvd 2 + anydvd

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 11, 2007
  6. Berryone

Berryone Regular member

The Imgburn method is free. Clone method only has a 21 day Trial.
    I don't think one is any better than the other. But I don't think that getting a back-up is the issue here, it sounds like a contrast problem. The only thing I can suggest is to play with your monitors contrast, or changing the Player you are using to view the movie. VLC Player is supposed to be a good viewer.

You also might want to copy the movie to the hard drive and try to watch it that way.

What does the movie look like in Shrink's preview window?

7. 300bowler

300bowler Regular member

before burning to a dvd, preview the ISO file or Video_ts folder like said above, to see if you problem is in the backup process.

also are you copying PAL(region) dvd's?

Have you played a commercial dvd to see if it plays fine with your dvd player and all the settings are correct?

8. comtech88

comtech88 Member

dear all senoir members, thks for the valuable advise and i will try those methods and will advise u all the outcome. best regards

9. comtech88

comtech88 Member

Thank you all for the helpful information and advise and i have found out that the Microsoft Media Player ver 11.0 is some kind of corrupted but i have tried to download a new copy and install into my laptop but it still the same thing. Dark picture in the background but the movie i burn and put it on my dvd hi-fi system and the picture was clear....... Just in case, i have tried installing different media player and all were the same case... dark picture.
    Anyway.... thks to all of you out there who help to make this happens..!!! Cheer..!!

10. MichaelP1

MichaelP1 Guest

comtech88, check your setting inside WMP i had the same problem and this fixed it

i have had this before with a xp disc i made when i tried to put all the updates and drivers for my mobo and cards, open mediaplayer go to tools -> options -> performance -> advanced, video acceleration - you will have to untick "use overlays" and tick "high quality mode". i know an update from ms can cause this

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 15, 2007