1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

need help and want to learn

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by R21, Jan 17, 2007.

1. R21

R21 Member

ok i admit im new at this, i got live about four months ago and got bored of matchmaking, i am now glitching(bouncing, breaking throught levels, ect....) but now im bored of that to i want to start modding...... first i have some questions can you mod your system and use them but not use them on live but still play on live without then and without getting banned? and if so wat is the difference between soft modding and the other one? i think thats good for now

-thanks

2. knockemv2

knockemv2 Regular member

Ok first off i want you to know modding your xbox isnt just for halo 2 which is what i thought a long time ago modding your xbox is pretty much like turning it into a small computer yes you can mod youre system and get on live and not play on live and play them off live. you can get on live with certain mods if you still want to get on live i suggest this tut http://www.se7ensins.com/forums/xbo...softmod-krayzies-ndure-installer-1-1-1-a.html

read and everthing you need to know about getting on live will be anserwed to play on live with out getting banned you have to ftp the modded maps off youre xbox and on your comp make two folders modded and unmodded and when ever u wanna play on live just put the unmodded maps on but if u leave the modded maps on u will be banned in 6 hours and thats the mistake i made

yea got anymore questions just ask

3. R21

R21 Member

ok, thank you and yes i do have more questions. What is the difference from soft modding and the other kind?

-thanks

4. R21

R21 Member

Also i have a 360, but i dont want to mess it up so im only goign to mod my xbox for halo 2. Bu tonce i get good at it i might mod my 360 but nothing for sure

5. R21

R21 Member

and for now i only want the skins and things you can see at places like you tube that is the kind i want unless you can softmod that, than i guess i will do the other kind. And also what else can a soft mod do besides save games onto it?

-thanks

6. knockemv2

knockemv2 Regular member

o the diffrence between a chip mod and a soft mod is that a chip has to be installed on youre dash and you can turn it on and off and soft mods are mods that are applied through software and cant be turned off but can be unistalled i wouldnt even try to hard mod until i learned about almost eveything envolving soudering and all that stuff but softmod is teh easyist and fastest
    Yea i wouldnt touch my 360 until bout next year when all the mods are stable liek they are for the xbox but yea putting skins on is easy after you put youre prefferred dash in unleashx or evoulutionx (i use evolutionx)allxboxskins.com is a really good site for skins all you do is download unpack and ftp to skins folder and reboot o and a soft mod can do almost everthing a chip can do you can install programs copy games to hd etc.

yea anything else just ask

7. R21

R21 Member

ok i have a xbox and a 360 can i mod the xbox on the same profile as my 360 and not be traced or caught(not going on live with the xbox)

-thanks

8. knockemv2

knockemv2 Regular member

hey wat is ur GT mine iz knockem v2 (banned) or I PPF KNOCKEM I (unbanned)

9. R21

R21 Member

LastCrusader21