1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need help ASAP!!! Custom computer problems with new motherboard

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by luckymr13, Oct 29, 2007.

1. luckymr13

luckymr13 Member

Ill start from the beginning so theres nothing left out.

8 months ago I built a custom computer, but the motherboard had faulty networking so I sent it back and never got another one until yesterday. I bought a 650i nvidia motherboard to go with the 7950gt gpu, 2.13 core 2 duo processor, 2 gigs ram, 80 gig hd, and creative sound card. I realized yesterday after putting it all together that windows was already on my hard drive, which I had installed months and months ago.

So I was a little happy about that, and then I tried to install the drivers and cd's for the sound card, video card, and motherboard....but neither of my dvd drives would work. They would open but not read the information, no failed disk, no disk error, nothing. It didnt read them at all. So then I connected my computer to the internet through the router and realized I couldnt get online. I noticed I didnt have 'network adapters' under device manager anywhere, so im sure that is part of the problem.

so thats my problem, neither of my dvd roms work and I cannot get online. I would like to completely re install windows but how can I do that if my dvd roms dont work correctly? Their both set to the correct format and connected correctly to slave/master. Is there anyway to erase my hard drive? Will that fix my dvd rom problem?

2. LiveChaos

LiveChaos Member

When your system is coming up, before windows, does it tell you it found any drives? You may need to check your cable, and you drive jumper settings (master/slave).

3. drako17

drako17 Regular member

try checking the bios to see if the drives are on. they might not be running. if everything is connected correctly and still nothing then that might be causing the problem.