1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

need help asap please....computers stuck at bios load page

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by wabashman, Apr 5, 2007.

1. wabashman

wabashman Active member

hey guys, i went to put in a harddrive and didnt bother shutting the computer down and it shut itself down for me. now its stuck at the main load page where it says hit delete for bios, escape for boot stuff. and it wont go any further. please help me fix this situation. thank you

ok, so i pulled both harddrives out and put them into my external enclosure, and the primary hardrive is dead i believe, it doesnt make any sounds at all, while the secondary harddrive, where vista is installed makes noises as if its not completely dead.

new update..got it go past the bios page, but now it said unable to load OS. so i cleared the CMOS, and retried. same thing. now i restarted again, and after verifying the DMI Pool Data it came up with this:
    NVIDIA Boot Agent 231.0528
    Copy Right (C) 2001-2005 NVIDIA Corporation
    Copy Right (C) 1997-2000 Intel Corporation
    Clinet MAC ADDR: 00 15 58 5C 13 38 GUID: FFFFFFFF-FFFF-FFFF-FFFF-FFFFFFFFFFFF
    DHCP..... and it just keeps adding in the periods.

also when i go into bios it sees the slave drive (with vista on it) but it does not see the master drive which has everything of importance.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2007
  2. bbthumper

bbthumper Guest

...... seen alot of this on the job. If the pc boots past the bios screen when no H/D's are attached and not when you have the master plugged in usually means the master drive is toast. Sorry......

.... and by toast I mean unrecoverable.....

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 5, 2007
  3. wabashman

wabashman Active member

well now it boots past the bios when the 'master' is hooked up, however i think it is because the drive it 'toast' since it doesnt show up in the bios menue or anything. and also, if i put the vista drive onto the master end of the cable and set the jumper to master, it still comes up as the slave and wont boot from it. so is there some way to make this drive the master so i can at least run vista?
    thanks