1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need help backing up DVD movies to Hard Drive

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by jxc241, Jan 9, 2004.

1. jxc241

jxc241 Member

I have a Camelon mod chip and evox on the dash board. I am having problems copying a dvd movie on to my Hard drive. I can't seem to get it to give me an option to copy the dvd as a movie. So I am trying to move it to a different folder/drive(f: to e:) now(hopefully it will work). Do you just use the xbcopy to back up movies and which drive should it go to.(F right?). I have a 160gb HD in the xbox. Please help. I am new to the mod chip.

2. FFW

FFW Member

I never have back-uped a dvd on my xbox. But i think dvd2xbox can do it. I'm sure thats the name of it.

3. jxc241

jxc241 Member

Thanks. Maybe be a dumb question but how would I get it to my xbox. Download it and ftp it to my c drive? Then will evox recognize it or do I have to burn it to a cdr disk and install from there. I have just recently networked the xbox to my computer so i can ftp stuff. I am using two network cards in my computer to do it. The only problem is that my transfer rate it only 22.97 kBps. So it took almost ten minutes to transfer a 9 meg file. Can anyone help me here too.

4. pong3

pong3 Guest

First you have to download dvdx2 to your pc and extract the iso to make it an .xbe file. Then ftp into the xbox and transfer it over to the e: in the apps section. You have to edit the evox.ini in the c: so it will appear in the evox dashboard. As for the other problem, i cannot help you there.

Not very detailed, but if you need more help, ask

5. jxc241

jxc241 Member

Thanks. But I do need a little more help. What program will extract an iso file and how do I edit the evox.ini so it will appear in the dashboard? Thanks again for your help.

6. DJGEOJOE

DJGEOJOE Regular member

Open you evox.ini file and search it (its not that big). Make sure that it points to a folder called applications (see below) on the F or E drive and save the dvd2x folder and files there, if there is no folder on your f or e drive then make one named exactly as you see it in your evox.ini file (below it is called F:\applications). You can FTP it in or use boXtractor to install it to your apps folder.

Section "Launch Menu"

Section "Apps"
    {
    # Item "DVDX","f:\Applications\dvdx\default.xbe"
    SortAll
    AutoAddItem "f:\applications\"
    }
    }
    }

_
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]XBOX v1.1 with 120GB Seagate and Samsung SDG-605 --- Matrix with evox M7
    PS2 39001 v7 --- Messiah 2 Pro
    HP dvd200e & Sony DRU-510A[/small]

Last edited: Jan 11, 2004
  7. jxc241

jxc241 Member

Thanks I will try to figure that out when I get home.

8. jxc241

jxc241 Member

Okay, I had the apps folder. I ftp'd the extracted/unzipped dvd2xbox folder to the apps folder on my f: drive. I don't have the dvd2xbox in the dashboard under launch--apps. But when I use the xbox explorer program I can see the dvd2xbox folder in my apps folder with all the other apps like xbcopy etc. So do i have to now install it and if so how do i go about doing that? Please give detailed instructions if you have time.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2004
  9. DJGEOJOE

DJGEOJOE Regular member

Make sure the auto add item line is pointing to your apps folder like it is in my other post above. If it says F:\applications make sure the directory on the F drive is F:\applications and not F:\apps it will not recognize that as the auto add item folder. There is nothing to install just copy the files there in its own directory like this: F:\applications\DVD2Xbox\default.xbe That’s it, reboot your xbox and check your apps menu (You must reboot after adding an item in the apps or games folder otherwise evox will not see them until you reboot).
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]XBOX v1.1 with 120GB Seagate and Samsung SDG-605 --- Matrix with evox M7
    PS2 39001 v7 --- Messiah 2 Pro
    HP dvd200e & Sony DRU-510A[/small]

Last edited: Jan 12, 2004
  10. jxc241

jxc241 Member

Okay, I can't figure this out. Everything I see in the evox.ini looks okay. On the f drive the application folder is "applications" and in the evox.ini file is the folder is pointing to the "applications" folder. Here is what I have in my evox.ini file. Can anyone please help me here.

Section "Launch Menu"
    {
    Section "Games"
    {
    # Item "Invaders","f:\games\invaders\default.xbe"
    Line "- Auto Items -",2
    SortStart
    AutoAddItem "f:\games\"
    #
    }
    Section "Apps"
    {
    # Item "DVDX","f:\applications\dvdx\default.xbe"
    SortAll
    AutoAddItem "f:\applications\"
    }
    }
    }

11. jxc241

jxc241 Member

Okay, could this be the problem. In the F:\applications\DVD2Xbox folder, I don't have a default.xbe flie. Should I just copy one and paste/put it in the dvd2xbox folder. And does it matter which one I copy or are all default.xbe the same? All the other apps in the application folder have the default.xbe file so i am guessing this is the problem.

12. DJGEOJOE

DJGEOJOE Regular member

Yes default.xbe is the main pointer evox looks for and you need the DVD2Xbox default.xbe origonal file. If yo dont have it download DVD2Xbox again, evox needs to see the default.xbe file in the direcory to be able to auto add that item to the command list for apps.