1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

need help breaking securom

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by cloak2005, Nov 11, 2004.

1. cloak2005

cloak2005 Guest

I have alcohol 120% and I also have a-ray scanner. I am tring to back up evil genius. I run a-ray and it says that securom is protecting it. I put that in the data type of alcohol and burn the image then i copy it on a cd. when i try to run it off cd it says i have to put orignal not a back up. then sends me to the securom website. I go into the cd/dvd manager to check what my burner can do and it reads:

vendor identification: GENERIC
    product identifiction: DVD RW 8X MAX
    product revision level: 100E
    device letter: F
    dvd region info: RPC-2, Region: 1
    region reset change: user 4/vendor:4
    buffer size: 2048 KB

max read speed: 79X(11850 Kb/sec)
    max write speed: 94X(14100 Kb/sec)
    current read speed: 79X(11850 Kb/sec)
    current write speed: 8X(1200 Kb/sec)

read isrc: supported
    read upc: supported
    Burn-free technology: unknown
    auto-select best write speed: not supported
    read ATIP: not supported

so can anyone help? I thought i was alittle versed in the skill of pc. but now I think I'm a noob. can someone give me step by step instructions on how to fix this please.

2. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

It appears Evil Genius is SecuROM 5.03.06.0042 which can be a tough one. From the looks of your burner specs I wouldn't hold too much hope for making a working copy, the resaon being is successfully backing up the newer protections is highly dependant on the capabilities of your burner.

The best app out the for backing up SecuROM is BlindWrite5 so I'd suggest downloading it from http://www.vso-software.fr/ along with BW5 Tweaker from the same site you got A-Ray then try these settings:

SecuROM - use BW5/Tweaker. Settings for Tweaker should be:

Basic Settings Tab- change Max Read Speed to 4X, change Write Speed CD to 4X.

Topology Tab - Writing Topology = Write With Plextor Premium / Topology method = Slow (CD) / Read Topology = Always Extract.

Extraction Speed - 8X to start then 4X if if needed.

Advanced Settings Tab - change nothing.

Once these settings are made click "Run BlindWrite" and go from there.

If you can't get a working copy your next best option would be to run the image off your hard drive with something like Daemon Tools.