1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NEED HELP burner not recognised........

Discussion in 'DVD / Blu-ray drives' started by timo077, Jul 22, 2009.

1. timo077

timo077 Member

Hi,
    Im goin nuts here with my pc i got a system warning virus and spyware on pc other day after lots of work i killed it off as far as i can see (pc still crashing) , but now i can not burn cds or dvds, media player and nero just keep saying connect burner and image recorder only, i have emachines 5230 bout 4 years now never had any hassle til now i can see dvdram in my device manager but under volumes their are no details and any other media i use to try burn only option is iso ,i can play cd but not dvd, if anyone could help me out id appreciate it alot thanks in advance,

2. dailun

dailun Active member

If the PC is still crashing that you haven't cleaned all of the Viruses out. there are viruses known to cause the problems that you are still seeing.

3. timo077

timo077 Member

ok would that loose my burner too from all media that i try?

4. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

Are you running a good antivirus program and firewall???? If not there's no reason to fix anything until you fix that. You'll keep getting viri and other nasties! Then you can get all the bad stuff off the pc.

5. timo077

timo077 Member

ye iv run viruses and spyware programs it found 3 threats and deleted em, but my media players still not finding dvd burning device?? i can play cds but just not recognising when i go to burn any ideas, thanks.

6. varnull

varnull Guest

Buried down in the drive properties in windoze is a box which says "use this recorder" .. if it's recognised as a cd or dvd rom then have a look at that box.. or maybe there is some other nasty like securom or roxio playing games?