1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need help burning Battle for Middle Earth!

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by Jayko, Dec 10, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jayko

Jayko Member

thanks for the help, i appreciate you not making fun of me as well!

2. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

De nada :)

3. geestar20

geestar20 Active member

I couldn't stop laughing for ten minutes. Caught me off guard with that one!

4. vongster

vongster Member

/bold hey everybody, i'm new to this forum and i would like to say hello all :p and happy new year..
    anyways.. i've just recently made a backup of my game "the battle for middle earth" on a dvd-r disk and it allows me to install but not play with a " incorrect dvd disk" error... can some one tell me how to eradicate this problem so that i may play "the battle for middle earth" without the use of the origal dvd disk
    thanx for your helps guys and gals :p

5. Nephilim

Hiya vongster and welcome to AD :)

What software and methods did you use to make your copy?

What read/write speeds did you use?

What make/model burner did you use?

6. geestar20

geestar20 Active member

here is my quick method to play without the original DVD disc of "Battle for Middle Earth"

I was unable to make a working DVD backup of "Battle for Middle Earth" but i was able to mount the image to daemon tools virtual drive.

I used Alcohol 120% to create the image first, it doesn't give you any options to select except read speed but that doesn't really matter, you then select next and in my case it zipped through the whole process. Now, Alcohol doesn't like "BOME" in its virtual drives so I used daemon tools to mount the image and BAM! a working backup without the disc.

Just a FYI it does take up space on your HD>>exactly 2.93gb of space.

If any one backed up "Battle for Middle Earth" successfully please post the steps and with which program please. THANKS :)

Last edited: Dec 31, 2004
  7. vongster

vongster Member

umm... my mate did it for me because i don't haev a dvd burner... but he just used nero, blank dvd disk and just did a copy dvd... so it allowed me to install and everything... just not play with out the original cd... is there a like a crack or something to make it so i don't need the cd... cause it likes instealls over 3gigs of files on the computer so why would i need the dvd disk anymore???

8. Nephilim

We frown upon such questions since nocd cracks violate the forum rules ;)

9. vongster

vongster Member

okay.. sorry gm... can i use the word program instead??? so i shall say.... can some one be able to tell me how to obtain a no cd program for the batltle for middle earth please :p
    thank you very much

10. lumbjack

lumbjack Member

common vongster, ask such questions on other forums, come back if you have a serious problem

11. geestar20

geestar20 Active member

did you not read my post -vongster-

give it a shot.

12. KCflyGuy

KCflyGuy Regular member

I purchased LOTR "Battle for Middle-Earth" and wanted to make a copy. Have anybody got a burned copy to work? I tried it with Blindwrite and had no success. Should I try Alcohol 120% and burn as an ISO? Thanks.

13. lumbjack

lumbjack Member

do you have the dvd version or the cd version (if such one exists, i don't know)
    if you have the cd version, alcohol 120should do it. chose the safedisc2/3 profile and low read speed (take 4x for example)
    to burn, just chose the same profile and low write speed, that should do it as far is i know. if it doesn't, try mounting the image into deamon tools (be sure to have teh newest version, 3.47 i think)

in addation just read the previous post.

if you own the dvd version i am sorry then i can't help you as alcohol doesn't offer any options to backup dvds. maybe somebody else knows...

Last edited: Jan 3, 2005
  14. KCflyGuy

KCflyGuy Regular member

I have the DVD version. I tried to use CloneCD (not sure what version, but it's the trial) and another time with Blindwrite and it wouldn't copy on a DVDR, but copied on CDR. I used the copy to install and it worked. It just didn't play.

When I tried to play it, there's a popup box that said that it detected emulator and needs to be turned off then rebooted. Tried that and still no success.

15. lumbjack

lumbjack Member

that emulator is most likely clonecd. it is blacklisted by EA's used copyprotection, which means if the the protection detects clonecd, the game won't run and you'll have to uninstall clonecd. if it still doesn't work, you may have to delete the registry keys installed by cloencd aswell.
    have you tried mounting your image into deamon tools with all emulations checked?
    by the way, how have you ben able to burn a dvd game to cd-r?

16. vongster

vongster Member

okay... i finally got it working... you have to use alcohol120% and make an image with it... then get daemon tools Version3.47... you then go to the image file, right click on it and go to "mount image" and it will mount it in a virtual drive tricking the system to believe its in and its the original... but peoples... you must have the original for it to work... if not.. you may try go to www.gameburnworld.com and look for a patch there... umm... specifically... look for the dat replacement file... it works :p
    so have fun boys and girl

17. geestar20

geestar20 Active member

@-vongster-

Thanks for the tutorial, I think Ill try it and see if it works.

18. KCflyGuy

KCflyGuy Regular member

Lumbjack,

I put the dvdr and it was saying that it was invalid or not enough disk space??? Decided to put the cdr in and they it started burning. I don't know why it started burning even when it was a DVD. I don't think LOTRBME come in CD version. But I'm sure I got the DVD version.

19. MarkNZ

MarkNZ Regular member

Use CloneCD "Does DVD's as well" here is the link
    http://www.slysoft.com/en/

CloneCD is the ideal tool to make backup copies of your music- or data CDs, regardless if they are copy protected or not! CloneCD's award-winning user interface copies almost any CD in just a few mouse clicks! Since release 5.0 CloneCD is able to copy not only CDs but as well all formats of DVD like DVD-R, DVD-RW, DVD+R, DVD+RW, DVD+R Dual Layer und DVD-RAM. Copy protected movie DVDs can only be copied with AnyDVD. The movies will not be modified (compressed), but one-to-one copied. CloneCD works as well with other formats like .iso and .udf and

"copies CDs/DVDs with the new SafeDisc 3 Copy Protection System."

20. Nephilim

@ MarkNZ

Are you capable of posting anything besides infomercials for software?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.