1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need help burning Battle for Middle Earth!

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by Jayko, Dec 10, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ren0815

ren0815 Member

hi there, has anyone else experienced this problem:

i made a 1:1 copy using alc120%, mounted the image with alc, installed the game from the image, used the no-cd-PROGRAM with the fixed dat file and...
    [bold]nothing.[/bold] no error message, no game, just nothing. the splash image is displayed but after that the program just terminates for some reason.
    so i tried to deinstall the game, reinstalled from original dvd, used the original dat file and
    [bold]still nothing.[/bold] :(
    i have lots of games currently installed that all work perfectly(doom3,halflife2...), i have directx9.0c and the latest catalyst driver for my radeon9600pro.
    [bold]and i dont have a freaking clue why this game won´t start[/bold]

Last edited: Feb 11, 2005
  2. geestar20

geestar20 Active member

Use AL120% to make the image first then use daemon tools to mount the image to there virtual drive. From there you should be fine playing the game with out the disc.

Post back and give update to see if it worked, if it doesn't work we shall do our best to get you going.

3. ren0815

ren0815 Member

nah doesnt work, but since the original wont work either i think it must be the dvd itself or something. i gave it to my brother and he got the same error. but thanks anyway :)

4. geestar20

geestar20 Active member

Make sure you select Safedisc 2/3 with your Datatype

Alcohol does not like "Battle for Middle Earth" in its virtual drive, Use deamon tools to mount the imgae with their virtual drive.

Why don't you just insatall the game with the Original disc?

You don't need this just do as instucted.

I was unable to make a working DVD backup of "Battle for Middle Earth" but i was able to mount the image to daemon tools virtual drive.

I used Alcohol 120% to create the image first selcting Safedisc 2/3 as my Datatype, it doesn't give you any options to select except read speed but that doesn't really matter, you then select next and in my case it zipped through the whole process. Now, Alcohol doesn't like "Battle for Middle Earth" in its virtual drives so I used daemon tools to mount the image and BAM! a working backup without the disc.

Neither Alcohol 120%, Blindwrite5 nor Clonecd can make a working Backup of DVD based game at this time.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2005
  5. ren0815

ren0815 Member

my brother did a normal install from original dvd but it wont run on his pc either - same error: no message, just nothing. so u c it must be the original dvd thats faulty. quod erat demonstrandum ;)

6. Laughter

Laughter Member

I have always used Gamejack for every game i have aquired and it has always worked without fail for me after i take the image and mount it on DAEMON Tools.

The only games I ever have trouble with are once with the Securom *new* then i use the CloneCD+Twinpeak meathod and use Blindwrite to make a back up.

I still can never get a Securom*new* game to work with a Disk Emulator.

But I have done that with the BFME and it works fine putting on the options:
    RAW Copy Mode
    Optimising EFM
    and DPM Mode

Last edited: Jan 16, 2005
  7. lumbjack

lumbjack Member

and the game plays fine even with clonecd installed?
    thought it was blacklisted

8. Laughter

Laughter Member

Yes, it works fine for me anyways but it just may be how I have my computer configured. I do alot of websitedesign and programming so I try to keep my computer secure I have many programs blocked from looking at other programs so it just may be my setup.

9. 4wheel

4wheel Member

I have all these problems too. But they are with other pc games. Such as Stronghold and Rome Total War. I dont want to play without the disc. I want to play with the disc. The copy burns fine with clonecd or alchol 120 and will also install. But when i go to play it says the disc is not in the drive??? How can i make this work?? Please its driving me crazy....

10. PhilGSmit

PhilGSmit Member

I don't know whether this is the right place but I have just acquired the Battle for Middle Earth and noticed that on the back of the box it states that it needs a DVD ROM. However my laptop which is only 18 months old with a TEAC CD/DVD drive can not recognise the disc, yet my tower with a Plextor 708A can. I assume this is because you need a DVD ROM fitted.

I have the Lord of the Rings game which played fine on the laptop, but there again the box stated you only needed to have a CD/DVD drive.

Is there anything I can do to get the Battle for Middle earth to play on the laptop.

I was thinking of making a copy, but wondered whether there was anything I could do when making the copy, that would make it readable by my CD/DVD drive.

If you can't then surley this game is very restrictive as there must be a lot of people with only CD/DVD drives.

Any thoughts ?

11. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

12. PhilGSmit

PhilGSmit Member

It is a TEAC CD-W224e

13. Nephilim

14. Ajax21

Ajax21 Member

Hey there I am new and in dire need of the link to the Battle for Middle Earth crack if anyone gets this message can they please send me the link on -

noemailsallowed@afterdawn.com

thank you

Last edited: Feb 14, 2005
  15. KCflyGuy

KCflyGuy Regular member

I have to laugh on this one. Not only is the Newbie asking for a crack, he wants it to be emailed to him.

It's like asking for a Hummer H2 and having it delivered to my house.

From my experience here, no cracks could be disscussed here and also no emails.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2005
  16. Nephilim

@ Ajax21

Since you obviously didn't read the forum rules I highly suggest doing so now. Asking for cracks and posting email addies are against forum rules. This is your first and only warning.

17. PhilGSmit

PhilGSmit Member

That's bad news then.

Can I copy the files from the DVD ROM onto a CD (using my PC that recognises the DVD ROM)which may take a few CD's, then transfer these onto my laptop and set it up from there ?

18. mattyo15

mattyo15 Guest

Hi there people. I'm just going to keep this short and brief. If you need help on playing games without the desired disk just email me at loser_limey@hotmail.co.uk

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 9, 2005
  19. geestar20

geestar20 Active member

@-mattyo15-

You need to seriously remove your wbesite as we do not discuss cracks or give links to cracks as you have done.

Reported as an offensive post!

20. Nephilim

@ mattyo15

What in the hell is the matter with you? I just warned someone about cracks two posts up from yours!

There's a link to the forum rules in my sig - I suggest you read them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.