1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need Help burning ISO

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by wizard82, Jul 16, 2004.

1. wizard82

wizard82 Guest

This is my first time Mod-ing a XBOX, and am running into serval issues. i have read many different posts and forums and cant identify my problem. these are MY specs - Xbox v1.0, Xecuter2.3B LITE PLUS mod chips, Thompson DVD player (Orignal Dvd Drive), Origanl HD, i am using DVD-R (Imation and Memorex), Nero V6.3.1.6, Xiso and Craxtion. The problem is that i sussesfully installed my mod chip inside the Xbox. now that i try to load Evolution X onto a disc to have my XBOX read it, it cant read it. i have used 2 different ISO programs and even tired Slayers Auto Installer. i used Nero to burn the ISO as following the instruction on burning a IMAGE file. i check finalize cd and Write at low speed (2x) then it burns, ejects anf fails to work on my XBOX. someone PLEASE HELP ME i have spent a week trying to get it to work.

2. big_g-man

big_g-man Regular member

I had the same problem. What i did was bought a Lite-On 16x DVD-Rom drive ($45) and hooked it up to my xbox (check www.xbox-scene.com on details of that). That was the only way i could get the xbox to read the .iso. I also used xISO by Yursoft to create my .iso and Nero to burn the image. It's worked perfectly ever since. The DVD-Rom drive also lets me watch copied movies unlike the original drive :)

3. Achilles3

Achilles3 Guest

wizard

Have you flashed your modchip's bios? Find a copy of X2 4983 bios and burn it onto a CD-RW or DVD-RW. The chip must be flashed with a bios in order to run burnt games.

4. wizard82

wizard82 Guest

Do I have to flash the Bios before I load a Dashboard (Evolution X)? I am having trouble getting the dashboard on and do i need to have a dashboard loaded to install a new DVD ROM?

5. Achilles3

Achilles3 Guest

Yes, in order to do anything else you first need to flash your chip with a bios. The one I suggested is the most current bios (X2 4983). Download that, burn it and flash it. Then get the Slayer's Auto-installer disc v2.5 final, and it should have the Evox Dashboard and everything else you need.

You do not need to have a new DVD-ROM at all. I still have my Thompson and I only use it to rip the games to the HDD. The only thing you need is a bigger HDD to replace the original with, since the original is only about 8GB. And you can't really save more than 2 or 3 games on it. I have a 250GB Western Digital in my Xbox and it works great.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]"For gaming supremacy, there's no power greater than X."[/small]

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 19, 2004
  6. punqewe

punqewe Active member

firefuckers also makes some dandy autoinstallers....they just came out with an avalaunch autoinstaller.

http://www.x-disk.com

7. wizard82

wizard82 Guest

OK, now i am at the cromwell screen and it is asking for a disc, i tried burning the bios to a Memorex CDRW but didn't work, Will it work with a dvd-r? and do i burn the bios as a DATA or an ISO file?

8. Achilles3

Achilles3 Guest

Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think the Cromwell bios is gonna let you do anything much. You need X2 bios.

9. wizard82

wizard82 Guest

I got slayer to load up on my XBOX and backed it up. What do i do now? do i network? and if so how do i do that?

10. Achilles3

Achilles3 Guest

Now you need to go to the system settings and look at the IP (in blue). That is your Xbox's IP address. On Static IP, choose yes and stay at that screen. Don't go back to the main menu of Evox. If you have a router, connect your xbox to the router and from the router to the PC. Then use an FTP program like FlashFXP and connect to your Xbox. On the connect screen, the IP box should be your Xbox's IP (in blue), username and password are xbox, port is 21 and hit connect. If it's connected, you should see C,D,E,F,X,Y,Z or something like that. Hope that helps.

11. wizard82

wizard82 Guest

i now successfully networked my PC to the XBOX and placed the Evoxdash.XBE file on my xbox harddrive. now when i tunrn on my xbox i se a screen with "Evolution X" rotating in the backround and i have options of MS dashboard, Reboot, power off, settings and back-up. I selected MS dashboard but it did nothing. Now wat do i do? Do i try and burn a game? and how do i burn a game? did i skip a step in the networking?

12. Achilles3

Achilles3 Guest

When you connect your Xbox to the PC using FlashFXP, did you see those folders I mentioned? C,D,E,F,X,Y,Z?
    If you wanna back up a game, put the game in the Xbox drive, go back to FlashFXP and right click on the "D" folder and do transfer. When all the files are done, use ISOCraxtion to convert all those files into an Xbox image, then you can burn that image with Nero. Do a Google search for "craxtion" and it should come up.

If you want to access the MS dashboard, you need to lock your HDD (I think). Go to the screen where you flash your modchip and look for an option that locks your HDD. Give that a try and see.

13. wizard82

wizard82 Guest

Im having problems with loading the game. I turn on my Xbox, wait for it to load to the Evolution X screen. then i load a game in the DVD tray, then the xbox loads it. then i tried to load the xbox again. then go to settings then allow static ip on. then load the game and it still didnt work. I am not able to connect to my xbox anymore when to access the game inside it.

14. wizard82

wizard82 Guest

Im having problems with loading the game. I turn on my Xbox, wait for it to load to the Evolution X screen. then i load a game in the DVD tray, then the xbox loads it. then i tried to load the xbox again. then go to settings then allow static ip on. then load the game and it still didnt work. I am not able to connect to my xbox anymore when to access the game inside it.

15. Achilles3

Achilles3 Guest

Alright you need to do the following. Connect to your Xbox via FlashFXP. When it's connected, look for a file called evox.ini (it should be in the C folder) and transfer it to your PC. Then you need to open that in notepad or something and edit it. The top of the page should look something similar to this:

AutoLaunchGames = No
    AutoLaunchDVD = No
    DVDPlayer = "e:\Apps\dvdx\default.xbe"
    AutoLaunchAudio = Yes
    #AudioPlayer = "c:\xboxdash.xbe"
    MSDashBoard = "c:\xboxdash.xbe"
    UseFDrive = Yes
    UseGDrive = Yes
    SkinName = BlueGears
    IGR = Yes
    UseItems = No
    ScreenSaver = 10
    Fahrenheit = Yes
    ShadeLevel = 90
    EnableSMART = Yes
    HDD_Temp_ID = 194
    DebugTSR = No
    ChameleonLed = 15
    GameRegion = 0
    TSR_Type = 1

All you have to do now is make changes to the following, put "No" instead of "Yes" for those two.

AutoLaunchGames = No
    AutoLaunchDVD = No

16. EvilDeeds

EvilDeeds Member

Hi, I'm new to the Xbox, and new to moddin really but I have done my homework... kinda!

I just ordered my xecuter lite plus, got my new xbox (v1.5), ordered my new 120GB HDD (lockable ofcourse!), I have my media for burn onto, Nero, FTP stuff, I am a programmer so i get computers more than most. As I said before, I have done my homework, and so have guides and stuff to go through all this - but I dont know where to go to get hold of X2 4983, and ontop of this non of my guides have said anything about when to flash my bios.

Do I do it before or after I install the dashboard? I would guess before?? I am thinking of EvoX for the dash. I probably sound like a fool but I tried lookin everywhere for this bit of info and I hate bugging people in the know, but Im doin it anyway - sorry! :)

If anyones interested I can find out where my tutorials came from and post the links - apart from the bios flashing they are actually really good.

17. EvilDeeds

EvilDeeds Member

18. Achilles3

Achilles3 Guest

@AntiLaw

Well you need to flash your chip with an X2 (4983) bios before you can do anything else... so you will do it before you can install an alternative dashboard i.e. EVOX.

As for where to find the bios, Goodle it and it should come up. If you still need help, let me know.

19. EvilDeeds

EvilDeeds Member

Thanks for help.

I am getting a little paranoid at the minute. My stuff should arrive Monday-ish, but all the xbox version checks I did came up v1.5. In non of the pages did they mention that 1.6 has recently started shipping, and my xbox is pretty new. I have not found any way to check for a 1.6 based on serial number, any ideas? I dont want to void the warantee just yet if the mod wont work.

20. Achilles3

Achilles3 Guest

Well I don't know of anyone that has a v1.6 so I'm not really sure, so the only way you can tell if it's v1.6 is by openning up the Xbox and check the motherboard.

http://207.99.34.129/versions_1.php

That link helps should you wanna check it.