1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need help burning mp3 cds

Discussion in 'Audio' started by vbugw, May 26, 2004.

1. vbugw

vbugw Member

I have been trying to burn mp3 cds but haven't been successful. I put all of the mp3 files I want on the play list and specify that I want to burn a mp3 cd and it goes through a process of burning a cd. When it is completed I try playing the cd in a player that will read mp3s but it does not work. It shows that it has one track and the time goes as if it is playing but no sound is coming out. I have tried multiple players and multiple mp3 burning programs. I didn't know if I was missing a step or doing something wrong. Any advice would be appreciated.

2. st_pat

st_pat Guest

well i may be able to help if u could tell me what program u are using to burn and what player u are using...as always i have to recomend using Nero...

3. vbugw

vbugw Member

I have used the following programs: MP3 CD Writer, MP3 CD Burner 3.01 and Roxio Easy Media Creator 7. I have used Kenwood cd/mp3 player in my car and a Sony dvd player to read the cd. Have I been doing it right at least. Adding the files and then burning? There aren't any other steps right. I will look into the Nero.

4. st_pat

st_pat Guest

well im not very familiar with roxio or the others but u cant just make a data cd if thats what u mean... it has to be formated to be read as an mp3 cd. with nero (start smart) you just click audio then MP3 CD...so yeah

5. Londor

Londor Guest

6. vbugw

vbugw Member

I downloaded and installed the trial version of the Nero. Followed the instructions for burning an mp3 cd, burned the cd. When I tried playing the cd it still did not have any sound. Not sure what is wrong. Is it possible it is my burner?

(I have not yet tried the iTunes in the last posting)

7. st_pat

st_pat Guest

well im lost then....u might try a different brand of media. otherwise my guss is its ur burner or the actual player

8. vbugw

vbugw Member

Well I really do appreciate your help. I'm looking into getting a new burner. I guess I'll see how that works. Thanks for everything.

9. Mick69

Mick69 Guest

try just making a normal audio cd (cda), nero will convert ur mp3 files to cda format automatically so you wont have to do that manully. then see if the disc plays on your stereo or whatever your trying to get playback on. if they do playback then you know its not your burner or the media your using its the actaul player that has the problem. if they dont playback then yes its time to invest in a new burner and some high quality cd-rs.

hope this helps...cheerz