1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

need help burning tv series

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by driggers, Dec 27, 2004.

1. driggers

driggers Member

i recently aquired a nec-3500 and i would like to make some back ups of some of the tv series that i own.

i understand that normally the series are dvd-9 because they put about 4 episodes if its and hour long or 8 if its 30 minutes. they seem to be able 7.5 gigs or so.

i would like to know the type of software i need to use to burn these.

i tried dvd x copy on my CSI dvd's and it just burned without any menus and only like 10 minutes of each episode.

i would like to keep just the menu and the movies, not extra's, subtitles, extra commentary. i understand that i will probably still need to compress them some to get them to dvd-5 size.

so i need a good program to rip the dvd's onto the new 300 gig hd i just got also :), one to take out all the unecessary things like extras, one to compress it in the best way losing minimal quality, i think its called transcoding, and lastly one to burn the final version that i get down to dvd-5 size.

thanks for all the help.

2. RCBabcock

RCBabcock Member

DVD Shrink and DVD Decrypter should do the job, assuming the latter is *legal* in your country.

3. driggers

driggers Member

alright, i rip the DVD with DVD Decryptor, i use DVD ReMake Pro, to take out a lot of the small stuff, delete buttons, extract that copy, and load it into DVD Shrink to get it down small enough for once disc. Is that called transcoding? And create the backup in DVD shrink.Is this the best method for quality and speed?

Also, what is the easiest and fastest way to burn an DVD-5 disc? Rip it with DVD Decryptor, then burn with what program? I tried using DVD Shrink, but it started to encode it then i guess it would have burnt it. There would no need to encode it, its small enough already.

4. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

DVD Shrink can decrypt, rip and compress a dvd movie but it can't burn back. It needs a program like Nero or Decrypter to use as the burn engine. Also if you use Shrink to edit the dvd you will loose the menu function. They will be there but won't work.

Jerry

5. sean5775

sean5775 Regular member

It still encodes it always, maybe try DVD Shrink and Nero. DVD shrink allows you to remove the extras and all that stuff. ScubaPete has some deadly guides to tell you just how its done.

6. driggers

driggers Member

i am burning a DVD that I ripped right now with DVD Shrink. I just pressed Backup, it took forever to encode (I guess taking out all the extras that I told it to take out? like extra languages..)the movie and now its burning it