1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

need help burning with nero 7 on a dvd-r for xbox

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by CanadaQT, Feb 12, 2007.

1. CanadaQT

CanadaQT Member

Hi i have a moded xbox with evo x and im having problems with my Nero. if the game is in a rar file ill extracted to iso. thats where it gets tricky for me i try to extract but when i burn i get a screen saying burn with multi sessions or burn with out or a thing sayn never burn with multi session. my friend tryed to look at Nero but he dont no why its doing that and my dvd-s cds they work on his Nero too and work in my xbox i just cant get to burn it properally. also if i download game in utorrent as an iso can i just burn. but thats not my main priority fixn my multi disk or knowing what it means is and finding out why i cant change to an iso. maybe im a noob still at this please help!!!

2. steimy

steimy Active member

you do not need to use Nero at all. Once you have the ISO then any DVD burning program will work. IMGburn is great and free.
    If you have folders and not and ISO then use Craxtion4 to make the ISO then burn. But 98% of the downloads, after you extract the rar files, will be in ISO format.
    But with Nero just choose that you do NOT want multisession.
    That will burn the disc and finalize it so that nothing else can be written to it.

Multi-Session is for CD-RW and DVD RW discs where you may want to put information on there and then add more to it later.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2007
  3. CanadaQT

CanadaQT Member

i downloaded and got an error and looked into it i need a .net framework went to microsoft page but it gave me diffrent ones to download which one do i coose from

4. steimy

steimy Active member

Last edited: Feb 13, 2007
  5. CanadaQT

CanadaQT Member

thanks got it thank u

6. steimy

steimy Active member

no problem, burn and enjoy :)

7. CanadaQT

CanadaQT Member

lol i got spryo but all my other games shows it burning when use image but nothing comes on the dvd what do i do ty

8. CanadaQT

CanadaQT Member

image burn i mean

9. steimy

steimy Active member

ok, so are you backing up from an original, or do you already have the ISO file?
    if you do it from an original do this:
    http://www.xtreme-source.com/tutorials-xbox/686-how-copy-xbox-games.html

if you already have an ISO then skip to the burning part of the above tutorial.
    DVD Decrypter and IMGburn work exactly the same for burning (they are made by the same guy except IMGburn can only burn an ISO where DVD Decrypter can rip PS2 games from an original disc)

Last edited: Feb 16, 2007
  10. CanadaQT

CanadaQT Member

could it be possible im gettn ones with nothing on it?or corrupted. because i make sure i get an iso always rar i find it difficult but got program now for it to convert to iso. but i always do a strait burn lol ill try a diff program i got tiger woods but its freezes and my game faces arre smooshed in but it shows nothing worng with game when burned it. could just be the games im picking lol. thanks for all ur help

11. CanadaQT

CanadaQT Member

im downloading them from utorrent. but diffrent search sites to find xbox in torrent list like iso hunt torent portal etc

12. steimy

steimy Active member

ISOhunt should be fine.

It should be pretty simple.
    use Winrar to extract the first file, like game.001
    then you get an ISO
    then you burn it on a quality 8X DVD-R with IMGburn or DVD Decrypter at 4X speed
    that should work.

13. CanadaQT

CanadaQT Member

thanks i figured how to use rar hehe to make an iso. im using simple x now rto convert it thanks i even figured out how to make movies hehe. thanks for the help.. i really apreciate it. i found out y it was empty because i tried to burn it when it was downloading lol hehe. thanks for the help again