1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need help burning.

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by JC_18, Jan 20, 2007.

1. JC_18

JC_18 Guest

I'm completely new to this whole torrents.etc world. I'm not sure if this is the right forum please feel free to move this if it is not.

I have downloaded several film torrents that are DVD Rips.

Unfortunately I do not know how to burn them or convert them or exactly what I'm supposed to do with them at all to make them burnable to cd-r's and allow them to play on my dvd players.

Thanks.

2. Chroma45

Chroma45 Regular member

What is the file extension of these files?

3. JC_18

JC_18 Guest

Stormbreaker.TC.XViD-BeStDiVx.

This is the file. I'm not sure if it includes the extension your looking for.

If not you can let me know how I would find that out.

Thanks.

4. Chroma45

Chroma45 Regular member

Assuming WinXP here but go in the menu Tools->Folder Options->View Tab and uncheck Hide Extensions for Known File Types. Now you will see all the extensions for all your files and what does that show (.xxx at the end).

From what you have posted though, from the file name, your extension is probably going to be .avi and codec is XViD. These types of files need to be converted to MPEG2 DVD to be played in a DVD player. You can also convert to SVCD if you do not have a DVD burner to make movie CDs. Search around for tutorials for converting XViD to DVD for help on doing this. A program that seems really easy to use for doing this is AVItoDVD.