1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need Help Choosing DVD X Copy Version (or Other)

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by XxDALExX, Feb 15, 2005.

1. XxDALExX

XxDALExX Guest

Hello,
    I'm trying to decide what version of DVD X Copy to buy. The more I google about it, the more I become unsure - for obvious reasons. I keep wondering : do I buy the 321 Studios X Copy Platinum, or Gold, or Xpress ASAP because when they're gone they're gone? Or do I not buy the X Copy because they're out of business. I wonder, is anything else as good or better or not. (my computer repair guy told me about the software and sent me the link to the Gold version) I'm the type of person who likes to have all the bells and whistles, even if I may not need them yet, but I also don't want to spend a fortune on something that'll give me headaches or won't even work. Any quick thoughts would be nice (or confuse me more :) Thanks in advance!

2. XxDALExX

XxDALExX Guest

Hello,
    I'm trying to decide what version of DVD X Copy to buy. The more I google about it, the more I become unsure - for obvious reasons. I keep wondering : do I buy the 321 Studios X Copy Platinum, or Gold, or Xpress or some other product ASAP because when they're gone they're gone? Or do I not buy the X Copy because they're out of business. I wonder, is anything else as good or better or not. (my computer repair guy told me about the software and sent me the link to the Gold version) I'm the type of person who likes to have all the bells and whistles, even if I may not need them yet, but I also don't want to spend a fortune on something that'll give me headaches or won't even work. Any quick thoughts would be nice (or confuse me more :) Thanks in advance!

3. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

don't buy it. Try DVD Shrink and DVD Decrypter (both free).

Or if you must buy something buy anydvd and clonedvd2 from slysoft.com

If you do decide to buy XCopy make sure you have the option to return it if you cannot activate.

4. larrylje

larrylje Active member

Xcopy is discontuied and you dont have the option for a refund if you cant activate it. It has been discontuied for over a year now, The places you see that are selling Xcopy are selling a discontued product so dont waist your money.

Use DVD Decypter and DVD Shrink like flip the mod said.

5. BobTammik

BobTammik Member

I agree with the others regarding DVD Shrink and DVD Decrypter - both really excellent - I use them all the time.
    I have DVD X Copy - very expensive and I no longer use it. If you are asking people what to buy then you will get lots of advice - I am not going to say these suggestions for DVD copiers are any better than the advice given above it's only that I have these and like them. Check out Nero 6 and 1 Click Copy (some people don't like it but I have found it really good). Both will have to be used with another program such as DVD43 or DVD Region+CCS Free - however, if you can get something legal and free then check it out before spending good cash.

6. XxDALExX

XxDALExX Guest

Thanks Flip & Everyone.
    I'll be giving the DVD Shrink and DVD Decrypter a whirl. Thanks for the tips. It's nice to know...

I'm still trying to figure the biggest functional difference between the afore mentioned freebiez, and the inexpensive Slysoft stuff (looks cool too).

I'm just lookin to back up some stuff & give a copy here and there to family etc., of stuff I burn from my TV + Panasonic DMR E80H.

Is it as easy as throwing a couple discs into my computer (DVD RW and DVD ROM) and I'm a click or two away?

I have Cyberlink (PowerDVD) and Sonic (MyDVD + RecordNow DX) on this computer. I have no clue, well I suppose I have a clue or two, as to what they'll do. I imagine they are the burning software?

Do I need anything else, you think?

Thanks (!:)

7. butch47

butch47 Member

Hey all,
    I have a x copy gold version that I bought about a year ago as it was the latest and greatest at the time, BUT,I just tried to re-install it onto another CPU and it will not accept the unlock codes.
    Of course the company got shafted and is no longer in business.
    Is there a way around the codes?