1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need help.... Computer shutdown frequently

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by Deino, Dec 10, 2004.

1. Deino

Deino Guest

I've checked the bracket and it looks O.K. to me. Where do you look for a temperature in an intel bios? It sound kinda stupid :p.
    Anyway, is it related to thermal thing behind the fan cause I read the fan has a thermal transmitter thing underneath it which seated properly onto the processor. BTW, the Intel active monitor is not showing any increase of temperature when the computer shutdown.

2. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

on my board by ECS but p4 check for hardware monitor in bios. the thermister(temp sensor) is more likely under cpu socket

3. Deino

Deino Guest

Hi guys...
    Well, unluckily my mobo was the problem after all. I've sent my cpu to a tech guy for overall check-up and he told me that my battery port was damaged. It was likely due to repeated oversurge of voltage. It was really to no surprised cause a couple of my friends who was also staying in the same hostel as mine experienced the same problem. Eventhough I used a surge protector obviously it was not good enough. Now I have to buy a new mobo. Any suggestion of a good mobo that can support PC133 SDRAM and also cheap...

4. jathesh

jathesh Member

I also had the same pro. yesterday I changed the mother board. Now working fine..

5. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

Deino, check with newegg or where ever as most if not all new boards are ddr