1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need help connecting xbox to pc with crossover cable

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by freephunk, Jan 4, 2004.

1. freephunk

freephunk Member

i've tried all the tutorials, like the ones from xbox-scene.com and i cant get it to work so i can ftp. am i using the wrong type of crossover cable? it's a brand new enhanced cat.5 utp 350mhz crossover cable. i really need some help. would appreciate it

2. shdwsfall

shdwsfall Regular member

First make sure that evox is running on your xbox. Then make sure that in your .ini file you have set your IP and enabled FTP and your password is xbox. Then Start FlashFXP (I use this and it works everytime) and click Quick connect. Enter in the IP of your xbox, username xbox, and password xbox. If your IP is correct, then it should connect. Under the Evox menu look for your system settings and where it tells your your IP addy. At the top it will say if there is a cable connected to your xbox, and what the IP of your Computer is. When I first tried to FTP It wouldnt connect, but I noticed it said my computers IP was 0.0.0.0 so I did a reboot with my xbox and all was good.

3. freephunk

freephunk Member

yeah, i've done all that and still nothing. and when i ping my xbox theres no response

4. MikeDDR

MikeDDR Regular member

Try these settings!

On your nic card:

IP : 192.168.0.1
    Subnetmask : 255.255.255.0

On your xbox:

Use Static IP : Yes
    IP: 192.168.0.2
    Subnetmask : 255.255.255.0
    DefaultGateway : 192.168.0.1

Good luck!

5. freephunk

freephunk Member

all right i'll try again, tried about 6 different configurations. anyone know if that cable i described is ok.