1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need help converting AVI to DVD using TMPGEnc 4.0 Xpress

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by janusone, Jul 18, 2007.

1. janusone

janusone Guest

Hello Everyone

I was using the free version of TMPGEnc for a while until it expired and successful turned many AVI's in working DVD's. Well since my 30 days expired I decided to purchase TMPGEnc 4.0 Xpress so I could continue to convert AVI into DVD's. Everytime I did this I would follow the following guide http://www.afterdawn.com/guides/archive/convert_avi_to_dvd.cfm

Well I noticed that this program is set up a little different. Still I followed the guide the best I could and started to encode it. Well once it was done it created a WMV which was 3.0 gb instead of a mpeg v2 or whatever it is called. So I tried to open ifoedit and do the neccessary steps. I load the wmv and the audio which is ac3. then when i hit the ok button it just goes to a error and shuts down.

So my question is what is the process for converting a AVI to a dvd which i can play in my dvd player. What other programs do i need or what settings and buttons do i need to setup within TMPGEnc 4.0 express. I have been at this for 6 days now and need some serious help. If anyone knows how to do this and would take the time to write me a guide or point me to one I would be grateful. Thanks in advance

Josh

2. janusone

janusone Guest

I also wanted to add a little more information. When I i decide to add the file it takes me to a clip properties page. Should I leave it on profressive or interlace?

the next thing that may help you guys figure out what im doing is that when I am in the format menu im not sure which output template to pick. I used DVD standand mpeg file and it created a wmv file which was 3 gb. I used the ifo edit program and it says it only picks up mp2 or something like that? which template should i use? Also on the output stream type i used mpeg 1 system , should i use another option like mpeg 2 program or something? just thought i would add this extra info to detail what im doing since i believe i am doing something wrong.