1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need help creatind dvd menu

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by matt1231, Dec 11, 2007.

1. matt1231

matt1231 Guest

Hey Guys. I have a question about dvd menus. I have a dvd that I created and when Iput it in it automatically starts playing.How do I create a menu for when it first starts the menu is displayed. I am using convertxtodvd and imagburn. I hope there are just some settings to play with or something simple. I have not changed to many settings with either program. I'm still new at this. Thanks

MAtt

2. attar

attar Senior member

In the ConvertX 'Settings' under 'Menu', check 'Include Menu' and turn off 'Autostart'.

3. matt1231

matt1231 Guest

Thanks Attar,
    I got the menu to work. Ok what I am wanting is when you put in the dvd most of them have a menu and chapters. This is what I want to have on my dvd. I want to be able to go to a certain scene or chapter. Is there an option to also have the image of the scene on the menu or chapter page. I would like to create a dvd menu and chapter selection like in all other dvds. I am probably in way over my head. Also I have a dvd menu button on my remote. When I press it my dvd name and title come up. Is there a way to also have images and chapter selection appear also. I hope someone can help.
    Thanks,
    MAtt

4. attar

attar Senior member

ConvertX only allows title selections on the menu page - no chapter buttons.
    The menu background can be changed (select another default background from the menu tab.
    The manual is here.

http://download.vso-software.fr/manual/ConvertXtoDVD_manual.pdf

What you want can be done with the likes of TMPGEnc DVD Author - it is more time consuming inasmuch as you pick the scenes for the buttons from the video.

If you wish you can create everything from scratch with freeware 'VCDMenuLite' can create a layout for a menu (the buttons can be any image you choose) and 'DVDAuthorGUI' will create the actual menu file that will be muxed with your titles.It's more hands on and requires time and patience.