1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

need help!! ERROR MESSAGE

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by matt1231, Dec 31, 2007.

1. matt1231

matt1231 Guest

Hey GUys,

I was makind a dvd with dvdflick and imagburn. This error message came up.
    W 12:21:11 DeviceIoControl(FSCTL_LOCK_VOLUME) Failed! - Reason: Access is denied.
    W 12:21:11 DeviceIoControl(FSCTL_DISMOUNT_VOLUME) Failed! - Reason: Access is denied.
    I pressed ignore and the volume on the dvd is horrible. Can someone tell me what the error means and how to fix it. My dvd burner firmware is uo to date. The dvd I was making was a music video dvd. all were mpeg files but were converted . Some help pleaase

2. laddyboy

laddyboy Regular member

There is likely another program's driver running on your system that had staked a claim to the DVD drive. Was DVD Flick still open at the time?

3. matt1231

matt1231 Guest

Laddyboy,

I use dvdflick and I check the box that says burn to disc. After the conversion is done imgburn automatically starts. Is that what should happen. Dvdflick is still open when I click on the tab at the bottom of my screen dvdflick reopens or comes up and it says burning to disc. So maybe dvdflick is done but still shows the info on the page. Some advice. Should I just create an iso and then burn later ..

4. laddyboy

laddyboy Regular member

Yes just try creating an ISO first and then burn. You shouldn't have to do it, but this is just troubleshooting to see if that's the cause of the error. You don't have any Roxio software also installed do you, or Nero InCD or Roxio Drag to Disk?

The poor output may just be a function of DVD Flick's conversion and not related to the access error you reported.

5. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

love it hehehe, "staked a claim" but yes someone has hold of it fer shoo.

reboot can help, stuff like windows media player can grab a drive even if playing music while burning.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2008