1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need Help finding a song

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by tpirman1982, May 11, 2012.

1. tpirman1982

tpirman1982 Member

I heard a song I wanted to know what the title and artist is, but I could not hear any of the words to it clearly 'cause it was noisy at Market Basket. But I hummed a few notes from the song.
    Go here to download my sample: http://www.mediafire.com/?4mmp85o4857bxa8
    This is all I've managed to remember off hand. I hope it'll be enough to recognize the song I'm looking for. I don't know the title or artist. Any help is appreciated.

2. JST1946

JST1946 Regular member

What I usually do if I hear a song and can't get the name I call the radio station if possible.It is kind of hard with a small sample but this is my guess.

http://youtu.be/QQrWTQBZPo4

3. tpirman1982

tpirman1982 Member

Unfortunately, that is incorrect. It is not by Avril Lavigne. I don't even remember which radio station played the song I'm searching for last. Where I work, Market Basket, the music on the PA is not from a radio station.

4. JST1946

JST1946 Regular member

Well sorry I wasn't of much help but I know how you feel.Sometimes it will bug you until you find out what it is.I'm sure you will hear it again and maybe catch the name.
    Hopefully you will hear it on the radio or someone will know what it is.It's kind of difficult to find the name of a song if you only remember a few words to it.

5. tpirman1982

tpirman1982 Member

Well, I was in luck today. I heard the song I'm looking for while I was shopping at Stop and Shop and I was in an aisle and I heard the lyrics clearly over one of the store PA loudspeakers. It's True by Ryan Cabrera.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=khU0m5f6owY

6. JST1946

JST1946 Regular member

Glad you finally found it. It pays to be a little patient. I heard that song before.

Last edited: May 23, 2012
  7. tpirman1982

tpirman1982 Member

Well, a tough one since I didn't even think of looking it up when it used to play on any radio station since 2008 or so and I should've looked it up then.

8. tpirman1982

tpirman1982 Member

I have a new song I'm looking for. I heard it at Market Basket while I was working today, but yet again, I couldn't hear any of the lyrics 100% clearly 'cause the front end was very noisy, but I was able to hear the following part decently...
    http://www.mediafire.com/?4nn89fg894ktv2a
    I haven't heard this particular song since the mid 90s or so.
    I hope anyone recognize this brief chorus line.

9. xboxdvl2

xboxdvl2 Regular member

dont know if this is helpful or not but if you know the radio station that played the song you might be able to get the radio station up online and find the playlists that should tell you what song they played.

10. tpirman1982

tpirman1982 Member

I have not heard this vague song on any radio station for approximately 15 years.

11. tpirman1982

tpirman1982 Member

I heard it today at Market Basket, but this time I was in one of the aisles at work on my way to the restroom and I heard it, so I stood underneath the loudspeaker and took notes on some of the words and as it turns out it's "Live For Loving You" by Gloria Estefan http://www.mediafire.com/?0q9nhq5gw8v3peu

12. JST1946

JST1946 Regular member

Good song I have 3 of her CD's with that one on it.

13. tongs007

tongs007 Active member

why nott get an app like shazzam that you can press hear on your phone and if its not to noisy and it can detect the music it comes back with all the info, artist,track, album and year, we all have phones/cells i have found many hidden treasures this way