1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need help finding good fit (Video Editing Software)

Discussion in 'Other video questions' started by Skyrim, Dec 7, 2011.

1. Skyrim

Skyrim Member

I used to have Nero 9 Reloaded and have been delving deeper into Video Editing as a hobby.

I'm looking for a video editing suite (if possible) or individual programs that would cover my main desires:

CD/DVD/Blu-Ray - Ability to burn these, with lightscribe label support if possible. Also
    able to scale down video in terms of file size to fit certain media
    limitations (DVD, DVD-5, DVD-9, Blu-Ray).

Video Converting - Would like it to support MKV/MP4 mainly. If transcoding was available
    with a burning software, even better :)

I'm new to post, but long time reader, I hope the community can help guide me in my quest to find reliable software for my video editing hobby :)

2. BonJoman

BonJoman Member

I too am a long time reader first time poster,

Honestly its all about how much you want to spend. For super simple Sony Vegas is great and has a few different levels that you can buy. But for the best cheap ( like 50$ mark ) is muvee Reveal X www.muvee.com . Its has pretty much everything that Vegas has but it a bit more easy to use. Great for coding , and posting directly to youtube

Then you can go to the high end stuff like Final cut pro. Its an unbelievable program but at an unbearable price.

Hope that helps a bit. I sure others will chime in!