1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need help formatting harddrive

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by d2leo, Feb 24, 2007.

1. d2leo

d2leo Member

Okay I finally got my xbox 100% softmodded and put a new hard drive in it. I believe I am using the evox dashboard, but I am not sure if i need to change this or how to change the dashboard.

Anyway, the harddrive I installed is 200gb so it all doesnt show up and I know in the one tut they said to get anything over 137gb you need to format with unleashx. So my question: Is downloading unleashx and formatting the hdd the only way to get the full storage potential out of my hdd?

Thanks for any help!

2. ottesen07

ottesen07 Regular member

AID 3.0

3. 98sohc

98sohc Regular member

well thats the tricky thing with a softmod, first get your hdd going, then load up aid 3.0 reformat the drive, install ms dash, then backup your eeprom and hdd, and run the softmod installer again, then once done softmodding, your probs going to have to reformat the g:\ again, and use xbpartitioner, to combine f and g together.

4. d2leo

d2leo Member

Figured out an easier way. I needed to load a new version of UnleashX as the one I had did not come with the format menu. Used the password "Xbox" to get into the format menu and formatted F and G. Then all I had to do was switch back to my evox dash and enable G.

Thanks for lending a hand you guys.