1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

need help formatting

Discussion in 'Windows - Software discussion' started by afgshady, Jan 24, 2007.

1. afgshady

afgshady Member

ok there was something wrong with my computer it wouldnt turn on so i decided to open it and somehow i got it to turn on and after it turned on i decided to format it but no it wont format everytime it goes to the window setup screen it says THE FILE ACPI.SYS IS CORRUPTED. and den it says press any key to continue and after it just says press any key to restart. can someone tell me y it is doing that and what i should do to fix it

2. borhan9

borhan9 Active member

You may just need to do a repair install of windows. That file is a system file that windows needs to run correctly. Just do a repair install for it to reinstall that file and it should be ok.

3. afgshady

afgshady Member

srry to ask but how do u do a repair install. srry i dont no much about this stuff

Last edited: Jan 25, 2007
  4. borhan9

borhan9 Active member

To do a repair install. Just start your computer and then boot up and log into windows and then put in your windows XP CD and then run the CD. And from the auto start page that follows one of the options is a repair install. Click that and then it will take you through the rest.

5. afgshady

afgshady Member

ok thnx but now i got a another problem now that i turn on my computer it says press f1 to retry boot or press f2 to run setup and when it press f1 i keeps sayin the samething like my computer wont even to windows. is my computer dead or something

Last edited: Jan 25, 2007
  6. borhan9

borhan9 Active member

Your computer should boot up normally. Try not pressing anything and see if it continues the boot up process. If that does not work try putting in the Windows CD and booting it and doing a clean install of just windows without formatting.