1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

need help getting avi into Cinema Craft Basic

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by laff66, Aug 16, 2004.

1. laff66

laff66 Member

I am trying the trial of CC's basic encoder, and cannot find ANY tutorials, guides, or instructions for it. When I open it, it gives me a basic window. Under file, I tried "open" and clicked on my captured .avi file (captured from Digital8 via firewire using MyDVD), and thats about as far as I can get it to go. Is there somewhere I can find more info on this??

2. yuppix

yuppix Regular member

right click on the white working area then go to add...then select your avi file.

3. laff66

laff66 Member

Boy, do I feel dumb. Thanks for the tip. It worked really fast compared to the others I've tried. Once they're converted, can I import them into any authoring software, like MyDVD, or does it have to be a special program?

4. yuppix

yuppix Regular member

What type of file are you messing with? SVCD, VCD or plain MPEG 2? I haven't used MyDVD so I don't know. Though, DVD-Lab will take them and create DVD .vob files for DVD burning, if that's what you're intending to do.

5. laff66

laff66 Member

Yes, I'm trying to get them to DVD. I'm saving .avi files from a digital camcorder, and I assume that cinema craft will change them to the right MPEG2 to go to DVD? I just wasn't sure if I could transfer the converted video right into a program to add the chapters before burning.

6. vurbal

vurbal Administrator Staff Member

You shouldn't have any problem using CCE's output directly in an authoring program as long as you have CCE's settings correct for DVD compliance.