1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need Help got 2 qustions

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Makus, Feb 21, 2004.

1. Makus

Makus Guest

All right i am a newbie and i have 2 qustions....
    1.. I was wondering since a cd is 700mb and a dvd is 4.4gig i should be able to make a video dvd that is like 5 times more than a VCD how do you do that. Becuase i can burn a 80min vcd so why cant i make a 250min dvd since the dvd is so much bigger.

2.. i download a perfect rip "that was sent to me by my mom" (left dvds at home just got a new cpu so asked my mome to send my dvd's to me) NO PIRACY i already bought the dvd's just forgot them so mom sent them... "Thnx MOM" but the rips are good on my cpu but when i put them on a VCD the are below par. why is that plz help :)

please help me figure my probms out
    Thank you

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 21, 2004
  2. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Makus,

This forum doesn't deal with Pirated downloads - we only deal with people who are trying to archive their personally owned DVDs -

Pete

3. Makus

Makus Guest

ooo sorry i did not tell you i own the dvd's but i moved to go to school so i got my mom to send them too me and the downloads are dvd rip on my cpu but when i try to put them on vcd the are below par....

4. RussReef

RussReef Guest

VCD is a format of much lower quality. SVCD is a little better.

DVD is a much higher quality format, and being so, it uses a higher bit-rate (more information is flowing per seconds). This is why the quality is greater, but also why and hour show in DVD format will occupy much more space than an hour show in VCD format.

5. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Please don't reply to this thread as it is a multi-posted one and is being answered on another thread -

Pete