1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need help guys....

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by indienemo, Nov 24, 2004.

1. indienemo

indienemo Guest

Hi,

As some of you might know I finally managed to get my computer working again, and believe you me it took a lot of work…. I lost nearly all my data, only managed to save a few games. However now, when I try patching my games I see this sort of error message come up “………………. Is not installed or corrupt please install/reinstall”, I think this is all down to the fact that when you install a program it writes data etc. to the registry telling the computer its installed and can run. But because I lost my entire registry I now cannot patch or in the worst cases not even run my games. This is where you come in… If any of you have any of the following games installed and are willing to help me out please private message me or contact me through indiechild77@hotmail.com, cheers. And if you don’t know how to look through the registry go to Start->Run->Then type in “regedit”. Or alternatively go to your Windows directory then find the .exe called regedit. Thanks, games are:

Halo,
    Manhunt,
    Battlefield 1942,
    Joint Operations,
    Doom 3,
    Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of war.

2. MannyF38

MannyF38 Member

why don't u jsut reinstall your games ? and if thats not thecase are the games in a diferent partition ? i have halo and alot of them games and i format like once a month changeing OS and my games vnver get affected bcuz there in a diferent partion there install in a diferent partitionall i have ot worry bout its directX being installed but other then that i don't know what to tell u i never seen that error before...

3. indienemo

indienemo Guest

there either back ups, or ive traded in or sold the original copies. I didnt think of creating another partition at the time. Can you do that? oh bloody hell...
    do you reckon you could send me the registry entries for the ones you have?