1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

need help in transfering Video to my W810i

Discussion in 'Sony phones' started by knight666, Nov 4, 2007.

1. knight666

knight666 Member

hey there guys ...

I have the W810i ... i cant seem to figure out how i can upload video to my cell phone ...

i have the software which came with the phone but thts for uploading music ...

Is there any way i can add video to my phone .. plus wht format can the video be in ? ?

hope to get some responses !

Thanks in advance everyone

2. Tehy

Tehy Member

3. jaimittal

jaimittal Guest

i think the software should be mp4

4. ispy

ispy Regular member

If your using the Software supplied with your phone ie Sony Media Manager you need to Upgrade to the Pro version to enable Video conversion to MP4 to your phone.I have a W910i and first time I launched Media Manager I got the upgrade option Link,went there and upgraded for $9.Software upgrades online then you get a Serial No. by email.Write that No. down! then relaunch Media Manager and reregister with the New Serial No.
    If you have more than 1 pc (I have 3) Just install Media Manager on them and when you register online just pop in the New Pro Serial and Hey Presto you have the Pro version on each machine!
    Good Luck.

5. lucifa666

lucifa666 Guest

look mate dont worry about the crapy software that comes with the phone. simply pluge your phone in via usb close any pages that come up, click on start,my computer and pick ether your phone card or memory card and open it. then find and open video,then just drag yor video files (mp4) into that folder. disconect done.

6. ispy

ispy Regular member

@lucifa666
    But if you dont compress your file sizes enough thats a sure fire way to take up a lot of memory.Using the Sony software supplied "Ratatouille" movie is compressed to 134mb.
    BTW I,m not a great fan of Sony products but in this case it gets the job done with ease.

7. lucifa666

lucifa666 Guest

i just went out and got a 1g memory card (these r cheap as these days) i dont relly watch movies on my phone (only small ones) as trying to wacth a full movie on a phone would suck!!! and 1g is plenty 4 music. if all he want do do is transport the movies so he can watch them eleswhere y not get a usb memory stick? oh yeah i didnt get that software with my phone ether!

8. ispy

ispy Regular member

If you want any of the Sony software it can be DL from the Sony Ericcson site,I only bother with the Media Manager not the PC Suite which is crap,if you connect the phone in Mass Storage mode its easy to transfer/convert/compress files,BTW if you DL Sony Update Service you can connect your phone with the USB lead that should have come with it (or cheap on ebay) and make sure you update to the latest Firmware.

Media Manager here,

http://www.sonyericsson.com/cws/sup...sonyericssonmediamanager10english?cc=gb&lc=en

Last edited: Dec 29, 2007
  9. djkrishna

djkrishna Regular member

is there any softy to change to mp4 format for sonyerricson w810 phone i hAve 2gb memory card to put in and view on the phone please help

10. ispy

ispy Regular member

ImTOO DVD Ripper Platinum is very good,Just pop your DVD into your drive and in the ImToo interface choose your settings,screen size,quality etc in the Profile Drop down box,In the main window choose what part of the Movie you wish to use ie remove trailers,warnings etc.Movies average out at about 200mb
    Once the program has finished I the use the Sony Media Manager to transfer or you could just use a card reader to Drag n Drop the File across.I have a 4GB M2 card in my W910i with 6 movies and a heck of a lot of music and pics.

11. djkrishna

djkrishna Regular member

thank you does w810i can play the videos or only mp3 and pictures

12. ispy

ispy Regular member

13. djkrishna

djkrishna Regular member

thanku ispy
    iam trying to it on chip it won't play but it will play only audio

14. ispy

ispy Regular member

I think the moral of the story is, Never trust an enthusiastic salesman,2 stores I checked on said the w810i would play Video and 3 others said not :(