1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need help installing games onto a v630i

Discussion in 'Sony phones' started by cho_, Mar 8, 2007.

1. cho_

cho_ Member

There are quite a lot of freeware and demo games available for Sony Ericsson phones these days on the web, but stuff all explanations for how to actually get them working on the phone. I found one informative guide at

http://my.afterdawn.com/3dluis/blog_entry.cfm/275

Following this to the letter with my V630i, it doesn't work. After copying files across to the phone, I get no dialog come up saying 'install application' like the guide says it's supposed to.

I am copying the files using the SE software to My Sony Ericsson V630\Memory Stick\System\ams which is where the games I downloaded from vodafone live have gone, so I assumed this is the place I should copy files to. I have also tried creating a directory called 'Games' on the phone and putting them there, but no difference.

Anyone here managed to install games onto a V630i or know if it's supposed to act exactly the same as the other SE phones, and be able to play the same .jar games as the others? My mate with a W800 seems to have had no problems.

Anyone's help with this would be great.

2. dcuk7

dcuk7 Member

When you browse the phone or memory stick you should place the JAR files in the Other folder. You then browse to this folder on your phone and you can install it from there. The folders inside the System folder that you have been placing the JAR files is where the games and applications reside after they have been installed.

Created directories outside of the main ones (Music, Picture, Other, etc) won't be recognised by the phone.