1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need help keeping main menu, movie & deleting extras

Discussion in 'Video to DVD' started by Pony321, Oct 6, 2004.

1. Pony321

Pony321 Regular member

I recently purchased a DVD in which when backing up takes two discs. My daughter loves the way the main menu looks so what I wish to backup to a single disc without compression is the main menu and the movie plus one audio. Without the extras this should all fit on one dvd disc. Using shrink or dvd2one unfortunately would eliminate the main menu. What program would I use or need to purchase to accomplish this? Thank you.

2. Adder01

Adder01 Regular member

You can use DVD Shrink.
    Just shrink the bits you don't want to the max. Change them to "Still Pictures" and it'll compress a lot more.

Alternatively you could use IfoEdit to remove the bits you don't want, but that has a slightly higher learning curve than Shrink!

Adder.

3. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

DVDShrink is the best FREE program out there. But if you don't mind spending some money for a good program, I would purchase Elby's CloneDVD. You will need AnyDVD to work as the decrypter with it. You can edit out anything you want and still keep the menu working. About $40. each. There is a full working trial download for both for I think 15 days to see if you like it. These are my first choice for dvd backups.

Jerry

4. dimad

dimad Regular member

5. andhrite

andhrite Guest

6. MackemX

MackemX Regular member

just an extension on Adder01's post

use the Still Image option with a single colour graphic instead of Still Pictures so that valuable space isn't wasted :)