1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need help Magnavox MWR10D6

Discussion in 'DVD recorders' started by candy777, Feb 27, 2007.

1. candy777

candy777 Member

I just purchased this model last night at walmart. It seem to record fine, playback fine also. The only problem I seem to be having is that my timer recordings keep disappearing. I previously owned a Emerson which lasted me about a year and now it just keeps saying cannot record to disc.

Anyway, My timer recordings keep disappearing. I understand the one time recordings clearing, but the ones I have set for daily and weekly are also disappearing. When i press standby the timer light comes on and some of the recording record. Say I have 4, 2 might record and then I'll notice that the 3rd isn't recording I'll turn the unit on and it's as if I just plugged the unit up for the very first time. Asks me what launguage, set my clock, wants me to go through the channel preset scan again, and on top of that all my timers are gone. Anyone have any idea?

I'd also like to add that I sat there and watched and my unit is not losing power. I just can't figure out what I may be doing wrong.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2007
  2. JVC

JVC Active member

I have no idea why it would do that. Wal Mart has a very good return policy. Take it back and get another one. If it does it too, send an email to Magnavox about it. They should be able to help.
    Did you go look at their site? There may be something there, in a FAQ.

For your old player.........look in the owner's manual, and find how to reset it to factory settings. That may or may not help, but it won't hurt to try.......
    Good luck!

Sorry I wasn't more help.