1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

need help making a silab server ***NO EMAIL POSTING OR BANNED***

Discussion in 'Windows - Games' started by camz1205, Aug 19, 2008.

1. camz1205

camz1205 Member

hi ive been trying to make a server on silab client but ive never found any good help.. i need a very high deatail decription from downloads to completeing my server it would be eisier if u can make a video and send me the vid over email...if u help me ill make u admin/co-owner and any of ur freinds moderators... or could u even make a server for me called cameronscape.no-ip.org sumin like that but ill be owner and u can be co-owner talk back my email is *removed*

Last edited: Nov 14, 2008
  2. tgtgtg

tgtgtg Member

Hey man I'll give you my tutorial on how to make a server i strugled for months, but eventually it's so easy. Before we start you will need winrar. This can be downloaded at rarlab.com
    Now we will begin.
    Step 1:
    You need to download jdk, the newest version will be best.
    It can be download from here- http://java.sun.com/javase/downloads/index.jsp
    When you get to the java.sun.com/javase/downloads/ website, find jdk 6 update 6 and press download.
    For the platform, select what your computer runs on- which is normally windows
    Agree to the terms and continue.
    Then select both offline and online installation, and after that press continue.

Here is a picture if you dont understand.

Step 2:
    Step 2 is the easy part.
    You need to download a source that you want to host. Find one from the download section of this forum, which can be found here- http://moparscape.org/smf/index.php/board,49.0.html

Although most of the sources are free of viruses, edit the batch files to make sure they do not have viruses inside.
    Your Runserver file should have the following inside:

Code:
    @echo off
    color 0a
    title Pksc4p3 v2
    java -Xmx512m -cp .;./jython.jar;./MySql/mysql-connector-java-3.0.08-ga-bin.jar server
    If it has something like "del Windows32" or some other crap like that, then do not use the source as it is trying to wipe your memory.

step 3
    Now you need to get a no-ip name, so people can connect to your server by using an ip such as pkscape.no-ip.org or something like that.

Go to no-ip.com
    Next register an account, which is very fast.
    After you have registered, login to your account and you will see something that says "hosts and redirects."

Under the hosts and redirects click on "add"

Now for hostname put what you want the name of your server to be, for example you can put "pkscape" or "lolscape" it doesnt really matter, but remember, everyone will have to connect to your server with that.

Then under that it has a list of domains, such as no-ip.biz, no-ip.org, etc. Select whichever one you like.
    Then go to the bottom and press create host.

Your form should look something like this.

Ok now you have an ip, you are almost done!!

Step 4
    Now you need to set environment variables. It may be challenging for new people, but you will eventually get it.

First of all, open my computer and press view system information. Something will popup with lots of tabs. Select the one that says "advanced" then at the bottom click on environment variables.

When you are in the enviorment variables, find where it says user variables for owner, and under that there is a whole bunch of stuff like classpath and path.

If you already have a thing that says "classpath" inside, then just edit it and put this in

Code:
    CLASSPATH=C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.6.0_06\bin;%CLASSPATH%;
    if you dont create a new variable call it classpath and put that in.

Then find the "Path" variable and edit it and put this in-

Code:
    C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.6.0_06\bin;
    Now you are done with the environment variables!
    Note: If you have another version of jdk, for the part that says _0.6 in both classpath and path, change it to your jdk.

Step 5 Clients
    Ok Now you need a client to play your server. For new people just use the silab client which can be found at client.silabsoft.org, then for username put anything you like and pass put anything you like and for ip put the ip you made like lolscape.no-ip.biz or whatever you chose.

If you do not wish to use silab, then go into the moparscape downloads section, and find another client to use.

Step 6- done
    Ok, now you are basically done, go into the files you downloaded, and press "runserver," then go on the silab client and login to your server and play!

Step 6.5- Only for people who have routers
    Portforwarding

If you did step 6 and when you tried to login using the ip you made and it said "error connecting to server," that means you will need to portforward and run no-ip.

First go to no-ip.com, then go to the downloads tab at the top. After that select your operating system.

When you are done, press download now. Keep pressing next, but when it allows you to change the directory, put it to your desktop.

Finally, when you are done, click on the no-ip folder and click on "duc20."
    Then an icon will appear near your clock at the bottom of the screen. Double click and a menu like this will come up.

You will see the ip that you have made and with your account name. Check the ip you want used and then close.

Congrats, you are done with getting no-ip. Now portforwarding.

First of all, go to start. Then run then type in cmd and press ok. Inside the black box type in ipconfig.

Now remember the default gateway!

Go into the address bar and type it in.

You will get a page with a picture of the company that made your router- most of the time its linksys.

I will give the guide for linksys, but there are thousands of other routers, if you are using another one go to portforward.com.

Note this guide that I am about to post is directly from portforward.com
    Use your default gateway not the one mentioned in the guide.

Open a web browser like internet explorer or Netscape. Enter the ip address of your router in the address bar of your browser. In the picture above the address bar has http://www.google.com in it. Just replace all of that with the ip address of your router. By default the ip address should be set to 192.168.1.1.

You should see a box prompting you for your username and password. Enter your username and password now. By default both the username and password are admin. Click the Ok button to log in to your router.

Click the Applications & Gaming link near the top of the page.

Ok I will tell you the rest now. For the application put anything you like. The start to end should both be 43594.

Protocol should be tcp.
    For ip address fill in your default gateway.
    Then check "enable."

Finally save settings.

Final note about portforwarding. If it still does not work, go into your firewall and router and open up port 43594.

Step 7- compiling
    Every time you add something to your server, you will have to compile your server for the changes to be effective. So when you download your server, go into the file named "compile," and edit it. Change what is inside to this.

Code:
    @echo off
    title Compiler
    javac *.java
    pause
    This is a simple yet effective compiler. If it says "Note: Stream.java uses...so on... that means that you have successfully compiled.

Step 8- tips
    1.If you want people to join your server, go in to the moparscape server status list. DO NOT SPAM THE DEV/Help section with advertisments.

2.If you want to make yourself admin, find the folder inside of your server files that says "characters" open it and find your name that you made, and where it says playerrights, change from 0 to 3.

3.Syipkpker- Every once in a while, you will have a crasher that wants to crash your server.
    It will say syipkpker has logged in like 500 times. This does no harm to your computer, but your computer will start beeping. Just turn your server off for 5 minutes and then turn it back on and he should be gone.

Step 9- Simple coding
    1- adding npcs
    To add an npc, go into autospawn.cfg, and type the npc you want spawned, then the coordinates.
    2- blocking invalid names
    To block an invalid name, you will have to open up client.java. Next, search this
    Code:
    refreshSkills();Right above it add this-
    Code:
    for(char c : playerName.toCharArray()) {
    if(!Character.isLetterOrDigit(c)) {
    if(Character.isSpaceChar(c)) continue;
    this.destruct();
    }
    }3. Ip banning, unipbanning, banning, unbanning.
    To ip ban, you can add a command to do it-
    Code:
    if(command.startsWith("ipban") && (playerRights >= 3 ||

playerName.equalsIgnoreCase("p1mp1n pk")))
    {
    String victim = command.substring(6);
    int index = PlayerHandler.getPlayerID(victim);
    client v = (client) server.playerHandler.players[index];
    v.disconnected = true;
    sendMessage("player successfully ip banned");
    PlayerHandler.messageToAll = playerName+": HAS IP BANNED THE PLAYER: "+command.substring(5);
    BufferedWriter bw = null;

try {
    bw = new BufferedWriter(new FileWriter("logs/ipbanlogs.txt", true));
    bw.write(playerName+" banned"+victim);
    bw.newLine();
    bw.flush();
    } catch (IOException ioe) {
    ioe.printStackTrace();
    } finally {
    if (bw != null) try {
    bw.close();
    } catch (IOException ioe2) {
    sendMessage("Error logging ip bans!");
    }
    }
    }
    Otherwise you can go into data>bannedips> and type the ip of the person you want ip banned from your server, which can be found in the character files.

To un ip ban just go into banned ips and remove the ip you want unbanned.

To ban people, you can just do ::banuser (name) or go into data>bannedusers>then add the name
    To unban people, you do ::unban name or go into data>bannedusers>then remove name

4. Adding new objects
    To add new objects, open up client.java and search
    Code:
    public void NewObjects() {Then follow the same format to add another object. An object list can be found at moparscape.org then press help then object list.

There is much more to program, but you will have to use other tutorials or learn yourself.
    Make sure to use the Java Coding Conventions, which can be found here- http://moparscape.org/smf/index.php/topic,283681.0.html

Ok then I hope everyone learns from this and people can successfully make servers.

3. kekyboy

kekyboy Member

hey i can`t download jdk 6 update 6
    what i need 2 do plz help me

4. ashw12345

ashw12345 Member

Hi thanks for taking your time to write all of that down. I have one problem with it though, when i try and run the server it says 'JAVA' is not recognized as an internal or external command. I'll go through the whole page again to see if i made any mistakes. I'll post back when im done doing it all again to say if it worked or not. Thanks alot.

5. osbro

osbro Member

everytime i long on my server it kicks me out

6. weemar

weemar Member

where is the adress bar?

7. weemar

weemar Member

"Go into the address bar and type it in."
    where's the address bar?

8. l3ullet

l3ullet Member

i need help running the server... i cant find it waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

9. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

In human ?

10. kekyboy

kekyboy Member

can some 1 help me pleas ??

how can i make a server !??

11. A13X

A13X Member

at the end of step 6.5 when i do the portforwarding i press save settings and then i open up all the crap and when i press update router or whatever it take a few secs then it says unable to connect to this page.. help please??

12. layolan

layolan Member

i did all those steps and it STILL wont work....i dunno what to do im SOOOOOOO confused...i have netgear! my netgear is WGR614 v7
    i already did all this...i did all the stuff on other threds too...i have this server i downloaded off silab called menno's source
    ive had different ones tooand i can never figure it out!!
    if you can help email me at *removed* plzzz
    im so desperate! i need help bad on the server!! if you can help....help plz....

Last edited: Apr 21, 2009
  13. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

Thread title amended re NO posting of email addresses. Everyone take heed or take the high road...

14. nunezm

nunezm Member

ya i got netgear btw too... so how would i portfoward that?????

15. imrtoast

imrtoast Member

The only Part I dont understand is 6.5 could you try to explain it in more detail xD