1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need help making episode dvds

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by AAnderson, Sep 4, 2004.

1. AAnderson

AAnderson Guest

Hi, I ripped and encoded one of my favorite shows first seasons and put it in avi format. I am trying to figure out how to convert them to a format that will be playable on standard dvd players and my playstation 2. I'm a newbie and would be very appreciative if someone could point me to:

A. How to find out what kind of files my dvd player/ps2 accepts

B. How to compress the new dvd compatible format so I can fit as much episodes on one disc as possible.

C. MY dvd burner isn't recognizing these dvd-rs I bought. They are Verbatim Dvd-Recirdabke 4.7 gb 120 min 1x-4x.

D. Identifying what kind of dvd-rw drive I have (it came with the computer) Also making sure I can burn these type of files using my dvd-rw drive.

E. I have TMPGENC dvd author. Once I figure everything out I would like some help on putting together a episode list, menu, and background.

MY goal is to be able to pop a dvd into my ps2 and be able to pick and watch a season of my favorite show.

Thanks in advance for any help

2. AAnderson

AAnderson Guest

I also forgot. I would like to know what is the best reolution to convert the avi files too If I want to play on my dvd player?

3. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

4. AAnderson

AAnderson Guest

Thanks for the answers. I thought they had to be avi to convert to mpeg2. Anyway, Could you provide me with some specifics Nephilim? Especially about converting from avi to mpeg2? What widthxheigh resolution for standard vd players/playstation 2? Ntsc or pal?

It is a old cartoon I am trying to make into a dvd so maybe that might help with any quality issues that might come up. I converted them to mpeg2 ntsc resolution: 720x480

Right now each file is about 800mb each. Can I compress it down to put more episodes on each disk?